icicle - under the ice lp

of course the promo's will be on the album.. their promoting the fucking album... hence promo then album sampler when it gets a full release

Doesn't look like Dreadnaught, Arrows or the two dub tracks aren't on the ep.

Which means the first two releases are samplers which aren't on the vinyl album......even though 'their promoting the fucking album'

Anyways I'm sure we can agree its gonna be big, thats why its in the bag come Friday.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Hmm a problem?

Bit disappointed with the tracks so far to be honest, was hyped but maybe not so much now...

Agreed and they've done the release in a really weird way. I'd much rather they just put the whole lot in a fat 4x12" with some typically sick Shogun artwork. Would be well worth the wait!

Still bagged for Friday gonna give it a good whirl.. Noisia remix sounds promising!

Doesn't look like Dreadnaught, Arrows or the two dub tracks aren't on the ep.

Which means the first two releases are samplers which aren't on the vinyl album......even though 'their promoting the fucking album'

Anyways I'm sure we can agree its gonna be big, thats why its in the bag come Friday.

didnt mean the vinyl ep i meant the whole album because thats what it is, a sampler from the forthcoming album..

any way the track list for this looks tasty, I'm still to hear that noisia remix.. looks like shogun in april will be the place for it

EP is a bit of a let down for me personally. I Feel U is the standout, Nausea is good but Top Of The Page and Spartan RMX just seem a bit flat. I think all the hype hasn't been that justified if I'm honest. I'll still pick it up but I'm not as excited about it as I was a few months ago

Still, at least theres no dubstep on it

His dubstep tunes are badass imo.

'I Feel You' is definitely the best on the EP. Sounds fucking nutty on a system. Gotta say that now I've heard the majority of the album I feel pretty underwhelmed. No where near as 'complete' sounding as Alix Perez's debut album for me.

I Feel You & Nausea are both baaad! Top Of The Page is good. Spartan Remix is a let down. Keeping in mind that we already had dreadnaught and arrows out, I'd say it's a very good LP + the Dubstep bits! I think Alix's LP was more diverse then Icicle's but definitely a quality LP!

His dubstep tunes are badass imo.

'I Feel You' is definitely the best on the EP. Sounds fucking nutty on a system. Gotta say that now I've heard the majority of the album I feel pretty underwhelmed. No where near as 'complete' sounding as Alix Perez's debut album for me.

100% agree. I was expecting a lot more from it

As for his dubstep? I'm not a fan of the genre anyway so none of it being on there is good to me. Too mch random pandering to Dubstep happening on D&B albums the last few years which is why Resistance to me was so refreshing as an LP. No token dubstep/electro/techno/house tunes on there, just good D&B all the way through

won't pass judgement on spartan remix til ive heard it on a system, not as interesting as the original but still i quite like it. top of the page is bad. i feel u & nausea both sick. good album

I absolutely love his dubstep, so luckily for me I'm going to really enjoy this album (also very very excited about hearing the house/techno bit). Icicle is one of the few producers that dubstep/techno doesn't seem 'token' at all, there's just no point restricting such a good producer to a single tempo.

Back
Top Bottom