icicle - under the ice lp

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
no idea about it, but I think it will probably be 50/50.
I don't really see Icicle doing a breakage and having 2 dnb tracks and the rest dubstep

Dreadnaughts out in jan... set if off is getting a release dunno if on the album but early next year and albums in march mainly dnb altho few dub tracks on there

Goosey_J

IGNORE ME
VIP Junglist
Icicle is the best thing about Shogun imo. He's a fucking genius. Every tune he does has that quirky icicleness about it. I still haven't taken Driftwood out of my bag since I bought it.

Roll on March I say.

deadaelus

Laughter in the Slaughter
VIP Junglist
i like all of his shit a lot, but some times its bit too formula and not enough variation. Look at guys like break who used to be like that in large part. Then break comes out with a monster LP 'Resistance' with a bit more variety than his first LP a step in the right direction for sure. I'm stoked on icicle's LP, just hope its got enough to make it an album and not just a couple singles.

encounter

VIP Junglist
He said in an interview that it will feature, d&b (mostly), dubstep & techno.
Am I the only one seeing a similarity between dreadnought, king stays king remix, set it off remix? All sound pretty much the same. All of them are sick, I love them. I love Icicle's style but then again, I hope - no I'm sure he will come up with some diverse shit! Full Moon, Reincarnation (!!!), Back To The Future are all brilliant. I will love this LP like I still love Alix's, can't wait!

i like all of his shit a lot, but some times its bit too formula and not enough variation. Look at guys like break who used to be like that in large part. Then break comes out with a monster LP 'Resistance' with a bit more variety than his first LP a step in the right direction for sure. I'm stoked on icicle's LP, just hope its got enough to make it an album and not just a couple singles.
Ye breaks pulled it out the bag and im in no way criticising break because he makes my top 5 everyday for the tunes hes produced but his album is full of collabs so hes going to have a lot of different sounds... like slow down with die is going to sound a lot different to martyr with spectrasoul and dont look down with calyx n teebee etc, this is icicles first ep... and from what ive heard of his sound so far this could win the best album in march for the whole year!