DJ Hype uses Serato now...

vinyl v Digital, fuck sake, this argument is so old already!

Majority of ravers don't care what format's being used. I don't care either to be honest and I've been mixing with vinyl for 15 years, and CD's for 10 years.

Question for the OP: Can you honestly say you would've known he was using Serato if you weren't stood right behind him? I doubt it.

What do you think I am? A moron? I know when someone is using Serato as you can clearly see the laptop on a stand. Please....give me some credit!

What do you think I am? A moron? I know when someone is using Serato as you can clearly see the laptop on a stand. Please....give me some credit!

i think he is refering to the tonal quality rather than the screen... not all dj booths are on the same level as the crowd or can be easily seen (especially from the back)?

fuck me... this thread goes from hype uses serato to vinyl vs digi and any minute now, mac vs pc...

this is why general is gay

i think he is refering to the tonal quality rather than the screen... not all dj booths are on the same level as the crowd or can be easily seen (especially from the back)?

well but anyone who is going to start djing will find out, see in videos, ask people on forums etc. and he will get to know that he is playing with serato (if he uses it in future).
What do people expect from the thread of course it will turn into a digi vs vinyl thread?
It's not a discussion... it's just really a fact that if big name dj's will drop vinyl/dubplates then vinyl will die out in D&B and that would be a shame because IMO it's part of the dnb culture.

Was at Fabric on Friday and saw Hype using Serato. Was very, very surprised. He was one of the few people still using/cutting dubs but now one of the original dubplate killers has gone digital

Thoughts?

I think after all them years of lugging around aload of dubs it has demolished his back... This maybe one of the reasons for using serato? just a fort.

I read an interview with him that once the kink in his wonkey nose got past a 37o angle, he would embrace Serato, swap hoodies, trainers & jeans for beige chinos, brougues & knitted woolsey sweaters, then begin building a basement of Fritzl proportions to breed a super race of wonkey nosed, well dressed super-djs who embrace all forms of DJ culture.

So I guess this is phase one of his operation.

Did anybody spot what he was wearing or have a spirit level & protractor handy?

hahaha, finally a post worth the effort of reading in this whole topic.

dnt see why anyone cares what he uses ! not as if vinyl is going to die cos hype uses serato, madness

to be fair im a vinyl lover, but as soon as i get the money im getting a mac and serato!

I love how this thread has just deteriorated into pure fraff from what was just a simple observation on a Friday night....

Yes.

I was refering to whether you would've heard the difference between digital media and vinyl.

Anyways, it's all good, as you said it was just an observation. :2thumbs:

Last edited:
wow this thread is a bit wayward!! As a raver first and dj second i must admit i love dnb and dont really care about dj's using serato/cdjs/vinyl! although i am getting worried about all this pre-pitched cds/ pre-mixed sets. I have heard horror stories about certain dj's! Im all for embracing technology (as i work in computing) but cheating is not required. If i wanted to dance to pre-rec'd sets i would stick on dl and dance round ma room like a looney every friday! Im worried that technology advances are removing the skills required to be a dj.

Back
Top Bottom