DJ Hype uses Serato now...

Bob Dylan once wrote, The times, they are a-changin. Ron Burgundy had never heard that song.

thats actually pretty sad. When big name dj's stop to use vinyl people will see and act the same.

fair play to him i say, compared to the amount of vinyl hype carry's round i bet its a blessing for him to just have a laptop. bet he gets bare dubs sent to him! just easier isnt it really . .

but on the flip, i did like seein him use a full set of vinyl . . . ahh well

gotta hand it to serato!
they knew what they were on to! the best of both worlds with minor compromises!
i actually want to get it myself! not to replace vinyl completley but to use alongside ... but its just so expensive!
do any clubs have serato already set up yet?

i heard him talking about it on his radio show that he has started using serato when he played abroad so i guess that he just decided to do it in england as well, is a shame though coz one of things that made a hype set special jsut like andy c's or friction was that they used dubs... maybe he's just getting sent far to many good tunes and its just easier to play them all off serato

how the hell duoes using dubs make you special?????good dj is a good dj cd's serato, vinyl or plastic plates should make no diference!i just started buying mp3's i love vinyl as much as any1 but its dying as we all know!cost is a joke!

how the hell duoes using dubs make you special?????good dj is a good dj cd's serato, vinyl or plastic plates should make no diference!i just started buying mp3's i love vinyl as much as any1 but its dying as we all know!cost is a joke!

chill out bruv......... it is special seeing them mixing with vinyl compared to cdj's coz you can see what there doing end of... i use serato myself so i'm not bad mouthing it atall, but it is something special when they use coz the sound quality of those smack any other format, of course it doesn't make them a worse dj you'd have to be a fool to think that

do any clubs have serato already set up yet?

most clubs here have this mixer, which has the sl3 box built into it and some of the controls are built into the mixer

ttm57slob.png

http://www.rane.com/ttm57sl.html

i dint mean to come accross like that i just think cmon m8,they been spinning vinyl for 20 years,cant expect every new young raver to expect to see em on vinyl forever,they have done vinyl to death,its all guna go that way m8,got to embrace it sooner or later

loads of people have dubs on mp3 m8!loadsa quality top tunes out there that aint on vinyl!

yep, but the dub serves the purpose of being usualy the only one cut... Andy C for example pulls out a new dub, u'd expect he and the artist/s who made it are the only people who have the track, u hear a new track u've never heared before on a CD and u don't know who else has it, DJ's get sent new tunes in MP3 format all the time as u probably know so even tho its possibly not true a, a dub holds that extra air of exclusivity about it...

i dint mean to come accross like that i just think cmon m8,they been spinning vinyl for 20 years,cant expect every new young raver to expect to see em on vinyl forever,they have done vinyl to death,its all guna go that way m8,got to embrace it sooner or later

yeah they have been doing it for over 20 years but that was half the fun of it whilst all us normal dj's aint got a hope in hell of being able to cut dubs since they cost to much or even buying vinyl as a whole it is always nice to see that friction, hype and andy were doing it... made their sets a bit more of a spectical i guess... times have changed and soon vinyl wont be around i guess but because of that its nice to see the head honcho's of mixing still using the original format

dont see the fuss with it really i mean the cost of cutting dubs must be in the thousands if he was cutting 10-20 tunes a month... still using the vinyl decks though least he aint gone to cd's

Truth, CD's take the fun out of mixing cause once you get the tunes locked, they stay locked. Vinyl is always changing pitch as the stylus moves in to the centre of the tune.

Back
Top Bottom