DJ Hype uses Serato now...

Needles won't jump - preventing ruined mixes. Gives him more of an opportunity to do creative things. I love it.

Yet some people will fail to acknowledge these advantages and still live in the dark ages.

Needles won't jump - preventing ruined mixes. Gives him more of an opportunity to do creative things. I love it.

Yet some people will fail to acknowledge these advantages and still live in the dark ages.

If he's using serato with vinyl, then he's still on decks, means needles still could jump...

It's just one of those things though. You can't fight technology. The thing DNB labels... well all labels actually, need to do is negotiate MUCH stronger rates for digital sales. As someone else said, labels make more money from vinyl, i.e. it's better to sell 500 vinyl than 500 mp3s. The rates that the digital shops take are a joke though. Itunes started the whole mess but unfortunately somehow it got adopted across the board so even sites like Beatport & DNBA are keeping 40% or so of the sale.

what? 40% last time I checked it was around 15%. That's ridiculous. Imagine the work behind a mp3 shop, uploading music/cover, archive and get it in the system, thats about 15 mins work and they are charging 40%.

only way around that is ithink or do your own store but then again thats not what people want. So you'll lose customers anway. It's a vicious circle...

Well it's not exactly the dark ages mate. People used to make a fuck of a lot more money back in the day when it was only vinyl. I'm not anti-Serato or anything else. I get it, things change. But everybody was a LOT better off when vinyl prevailed, that's all I'm saying.

Everyone keeps saying to get Serato. I'm not too keen on it tbh. The reliability of it is what worries me. I've been to a gig where a DJ was using it and his laptop died, thus leaving the club silent for about 10 minutes. Plus there's the fart-arsing about of setting the thing up. I'll stick to Vinyl and CD's thanks.

Everyone keeps saying to get Serato. I'm not too keen on it tbh. The reliability of it is what worries me. I've been to a gig where a DJ was using it and his laptop died, thus leaving the club silent for about 10 minutes. Plus there's the fart-arsing about of setting the thing up. I'll stick to Vinyl and CD's thanks.

exactly.

Serato problems are usually due to an issue with whatever laptop it is running on. I had a couple of issues when I first got it. I created a separate profile name on my laptop just for serato. I then tweaked my settings in the control panel to make it more stable even though I never had it crash. It helps to reduce the load on the cpu by turning off all the fancy visuals that the current Windows software has. Set it more basic and you can run your USB buffer setting as low as possible on Seratos settings. Doing that helped mine alot, no more USB issues. It really works great if you are willing to take an hour or so to really fine tune your setup. I still prefer real vinyl though it has just gotten too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom