playaz may not be pressing anymore vinyl

Playaz is one of the biggest labels going for them to stop doing vinyl is alittle indication to me that vinyl is very nearly done and gone. Alot of the clubs in my town have scrapped turntables to replace them for cdj's. Its a sad thing to lose vinyl but there are so many more pluses to digital than to vinyl and sadly, " Vinyl feels better to mix " isnt a good enough reson anymore to keep it around.

Vinyl feels better to mix

i went clay pigeon shooting. it was wicked.
then i went clay pigeon shooting using one of those lazer shotguns - it sucked.

its the same thing tho and u get the same outcome but theres no feel to it. when u hit the pigeon it doesn't "smash it"

thats my analogy.

I'm with aj on this. Cdjs just feel boring. Of I didn't use vinyl I'd use traktor or serato.

Playaz is one of the biggest labels going for them to stop doing vinyl is alittle indication to me that vinyl is very nearly done and gone. Alot of the clubs in my town have scrapped turntables to replace them for cdj's. Its a sad thing to lose vinyl but there are so many more pluses to digital than to vinyl and sadly, " Vinyl feels better to mix " isnt a good enough reson anymore to keep it around.

I dont understand clubs getting rid or neglecting their turntables though, what about traktor and serato? Or do most DJs use them with CDJs?

for me holding something physical with big ass artwork is anytime better than holding a cd with black felt pen doodlings that all look the same. they're pretty much worthless - i can make 10 copies with ease, but you can't copy vinyl (technically you can of course, but you know what i mean) - i guess it's the fact that you actually hold a piece of music - an actual release that has a value and that it can be sold, traded or given to your friend as a present. if i browse my record shelf i see music that has loads of different memories attatched to them. if i look at the cover art, i immediately know how the records sound ....and so on and forth - all these arguments and many more have been said in countless threads already - won't go into it.

i agree that vinyl is pretty much toasted - there are fewer and fewer labels pressing it in fewer quantities, no new technics turntables being produced, all new djs go straight to cdj or controllers. nothing is forever and times change. but to think about it - it's a shame, cause for me, vinyl is so much cooler and if they don't press it anymore - discogs!

yeah when i use vinyl i have to turn down the bass quite a bit, so my neighbours wouldn't start sending me those "please be quiet" letters again.

, all new djs go straight to cdj or controllers. nothing is forever and times change. but to think about it - it's a shame, cause for me, vinyl is so much cooler and if they don't press it anymore - discogs!

I've only been mixing just over a year and I use vinyl and I'm passionate about it.

for me holding something physical with big ass artwork is anytime better than holding a cd with black felt pen doodlings that all look the same. they're pretty much worthless - i can make 10 copies with ease, but you can't copy vinyl (technically you can of course, but you know what i mean) - i guess it's the fact that you actually hold a piece of music - an actual release that has a value and that it can be sold, traded or given to your friend as a present. if i browse my record shelf i see music that has loads of different memories attatched to them. if i look at the cover art, i immediately know how the records sound ....and so on and forth - all these arguments and many more have been said in countless threads already - won't go into it.

i agree that vinyl is pretty much toasted - there are fewer and fewer labels pressing it in fewer quantities, no new technics turntables being produced, all new djs go straight to cdj or controllers. nothing is forever and times change. but to think about it - it's a shame, cause for me, vinyl is so much cooler and if they don't press it anymore - discogs!

I can totally relate to that about the cover art some of my vinyls give me memories just by glancing at the sleeves. As for the felt pen doodlings give it time and alot more cd releases and you will have pritty pictures on all the disks released

i went clay pigeon shooting. it was wicked.
then i went clay pigeon shooting using one of those lazer shotguns - it sucked.

its the same thing tho and u get the same outcome but theres no feel to it. when u hit the pigeon it doesn't "smash it"

thats my analogy.

Bit of a bad example. To be fair its more like turntables vs cdj's = vhs players vs dvd players ? no

I dont understand clubs getting rid or neglecting their turntables though, what about traktor and serato? Or do most DJs use them with CDJs?

Im abit out my comfort zone when it comes to traktor and serato but couldnt they make it possible to use cdj's instead of vinyl ?

I used to think like that but not so sure anymore seems to me like the way they are mastering tracks now it can easly keep up with vinyl's bass especially some of hazard's digital releases im sure you would agree

For me its a matter of being in the crowd and watching a dj spin his vinyl's than to cdj's. Much more entertainment involved on turntables to cdj's. But its so sad how thats all ive got to go on between the battle of turntable and cdj.

whats wrong with hype? :rinsed:

I was thinking the same

Last edited:
I have never, ever, ever, been impressed by the djing of anyone who hasn't learnt to dj on vinyl.

Cdjs might sound the same but they make shit djs who know nothing about the layout of the tunes they're playing

People who have only ever used cdjs are the kind of people that don't cut to floating zero when it does the du...dudu...dudu bit or don't cut medicine remix at the drop (which should be punishable by death or loss of penis IMO). Everyone who is good at djing has used vinyl at some point. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. I'm not talking about tune selection though I just mean technically.

Also vinyl feels nice when I rub it on myself

Back
Top Bottom