playaz may not be pressing anymore vinyl

not sure if its been mentioned, but nu-urban musics went into administration the other day, could this be why? sorry if its already been mentioned...

Clearly hasn't mixed on turntables before

lol. if only you knew.

yes but it can sound vastly different for a number of reasons, least of all that you have to master tunes differently to be put on wax because of limitations of the physical medium, such as bass below around 40 Hz (I think that's about the area) has to be made mono otherwise the groove is too large and causes the vinyl to skip.

vinyl DEFINITELY sounds better

tbh though any frequencies below 100hz should be mono anyway, so that's a bit of an invalid point to make. and I like listening to music on vinyl, who doesn't? still got my turntables at home and still got my collection, but for mixing, all about using CDJ's.

im ginger and use CDJs

is there any point in me living

No. Die immediately. Or listen to Fresh's new album.

Rahh, shame to hear that tbh, dunno if it relates but nu-urban musics went into administration the other day, could this be why?

lol. if only you knew.

tbh though any frequencies below 100hz should be mono anyway, so that's a bit of an invalid point to make. and I like listening to music on vinyl, who doesn't? still got my turntables at home and still got my collection, but for mixing, all about using CDJ's.

No. Die immediately. Or listen to Fresh's new album.

not really an invalid point is it. Proves that the mastering HAS to be different, and so the sound will be different. Seems incredibly valid in fact.

And most club sound systems are mono apparently (Pretty sure I heard Data say that on one of his production vids) so that makes no difference anyway.

Digital isn't 'flat' or 'sterile', that doesn't mean anything. And personally I'd take distortion-free myself, but people are free to prefer whatever they want.

It's a harmonic distortion. Explained better here:

One of the main reasons most people prefer vinyl records is that their playback mechanism (needle on a Turntable) introduces mild harmonic distortion into the signal. This harmonic distortion actually sounds pleasing to the human ear, and is commonly subjectively described as warmth in the sound. Of course, without proper equipment and care, vinyl playback also commonly introduces a lot of negative artifacts (i.e. crackle, hiss), but aficionados tend to feel that the positives outweigh the negatives (and take care of their records to avoid these issues).

27605260.jpg

Anyone still buy anything on playaz?

Don't mean to be harsh but their output recently was aimed at the younger generation of "noise" lovers who don't legally purchase music.

Stereotypical behaviour on my behalf but I'm pretty sure I have a valid point

breeeeze. Standard completely unjustified dnbforum comment, they've put out loads of varied styles this year

breeeeze. Standard completely unjustified dnbforum comment, they've put out loads of varied styles this year

This is potential breeze unless you supply a series of youtube links to back up your point.

Also last time I went in their shop it hadn't changed much in 12 months and they were still pushing 'busta move'..

It's a harmonic distortion. Explained better here:

See, I honestly think it's more a case of people prefering what they're use to rather than preferring once type of sound over another. I reckon if someone invented vinyl now they'd get laughed at for inventing a stupid format, but because it's so common it's developed some kind of holy reverence. It's weird.

I'm not gonna fuck about finding Youtube videos but:

Sub Zero - Protection EP
Prolix - On Like That EP
Gridlok - Smuggler/After Midnite
Need For Mirrors - Vimana/Snubnose

Back
Top Bottom