Great Vinyl Debate - DJ Hype - Is Vinyl Dead?

Someone tell me why vinyl is better than mp3's and why turntables are better than cdj's, You cant. There is so many more plus sides for MP3 & CDJ'S as much as you hate to admit it.

I just feel sorry for you vinyl heads holding on

- - - Updated - - -

Also I would just like to add that I don't mean to upset any of you im just having a discussion

Someone tell me why vinyl is better than mp3's and why turntables are better than cdj's, You cant. There is so many more plus sides for MP3 & CDJ'S as much as you hate to admit it.

I just feel sorry for you vinyl heads holding on

- - - Updated - - -

Also I would just like to add that I don't mean to upset any of you im just having a discussion

Opinions are opinions haha, can see where you are coming from but in my opinion MP3's are better than vinyl because looking at a list on a computer looks pretty boring and there is no feeling behind the song. Also I get all my songs on WAV when I do download tunes but the sound is still different. Also computers and technology tend to fuck up on me on a regular basis so that puts me off MP3's alot.

Turntables are better than CDJ's because of the amount of control you get with a turntable is alot better than a CDJ, also had CDJ's freeze on me before which was fucking long when mixing but never had a turntable freeze on me.

I know there are more good points than bad for CDJ's and MP3's that I haven't mentioned but mentioned before but I think more down to personal preference (and don't feel sorry for the vinyl heads we doing just fine haha)

Opinions are opinions haha, can see where you are coming from but in my opinion MP3's are better than vinyl because looking at a list on a computer looks pretty boring and there is no feeling behind the song. Also I get all my songs on WAV when I do download tunes but the sound is still different. Also computers and technology tend to fuck up on me on a regular basis so that puts me off MP3's alot.

Turntables are better than CDJ's because of the amount of control you get with a turntable is alot better than a CDJ, also had CDJ's freeze on me before which was fucking long when mixing but never had a turntable freeze on me.

I know there are more good points than bad for CDJ's and MP3's that I haven't mentioned but mentioned before but I think more down to personal preference (and don't feel sorry for the vinyl heads we doing just fine haha)

No im not having that, you have as much control on a cdj than you do on a turntable. The slightest little chip/scratch on a vinyl and it skips/crackles. Biggest problem for me by far is with turntables, nothing worse than jumpy needles.

I have to say I have heard of cd freeze and that is a massive problem but its never happened to me so I cant comment. Surely if you buy good cdj's this is less likely to happen to you. Just like the 12010's are less likely to fail you as to other makes. Thing is tho clubs normally have about 3 or 4 cdj's because of the room they take (very little) so if one is faulty chances are there is a backup.

Another thing is you can have cdj's now where you can hook up your usb memory card to it and just grab each track off there and send it straight to cue. No more bending over to search through that record box more time to pose and smile for the cameras. Turn up to the club with your usb stick looking cool as fuck no more sweating trying to lug that heavy box around.

Just realised if we say goodbye to the turntable we would be saying goodbye to the record box, noooooooooooooooooo

I hope vinyl stays alive just to annoy thick cunts like Dagz

another stupid.

Im not getting involved in the digi vinyl debate all ihave to add is that hype is a class a nob

No im not having that, you have as much control on a cdj than you do on a turntable. The slightest little chip/scratch on a vinyl and it skips/crackles. Biggest problem for me by far is with turntables, nothing worse than jumpy needles.

I have to say I have heard of cd freeze and that is a massive problem but its never happened to me so I cant comment. Surely if you buy good cdj's this is less likely to happen to you. Just like the 12010's are less likely to fail you as to other makes. Thing is tho clubs normally have about 3 or 4 cdj's because of the room they take (very little) so if one is faulty chances are there is a backup.

Another thing is you can have cdj's now where you can hook up your usb memory card to it and just grab each track off there and send it straight to cue. No more bending over to search through that record box more time to pose and smile for the cameras. Turn up to the club with your usb stick looking cool as fuck no more sweating trying to lug that heavy box around.

Just realised if we say goodbye to the turntable we would be saying goodbye to the record box, noooooooooooooooooo

Gotta love ye good ole record box, sometimes half the fun is frantically searching through vinyls trying to find the right one in time haha

Also the CDJ's I was using when they froze were pioneer 850's so I was suprised when they spacked out on me

At the end of the day think it's all personal preference and some people will always prefer to mix on vinyl than anything else which keeps it alive

Im not getting involved in the digi vinyl debate all ihave to add is that hype is a class a nob

Any particular reason?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think this debate will ever be settled but I do think that Dagz needs to move on. If vinyl is so dead (I stopped playing vinyl 7 or 8 years ago so I'm digi through and through these days myself) why are you wasting so much of your time talking about it?

Surely there's better things to do with your time than slag off something that's irrelevant to you?

CDJ-2000Nexus_top.jpg

Your turntable aint got shit on this badboy

Termination of the Technics 1210's
On 1 November 2010, Panasonic made the following statement on the DMC World DJ Championships home page.[1]
Panasonic reactive statement - Production of analogue turntables has ceasedPanasonic has confirmed that it ceased the production of its Technics-branded analogue turntables this autumn.After more than 35 years as a leading manufacturer of analogue turntables, Panasonic has regretfully taken the decision to leave this market. However, Panasonic will continue to sell headphones under the Technics brand.We are sure that retailers and consumers will understand that our product range has to reflect the accelerating transformation of the entire audio market from analogue to digital.In addition, the number of component suppliers serving the analogue market has dwindled in recent years and we brought forward the decision to leave the market rather than risk being unable to fulfil future orders because of a lack of parts.Panasonic employees who have been working on the analogue turntable range have been redeployed elsewhere within Panasonic - many of them continuing to work in Panasonic´s Audio Video Business Unit.

Even Panasonic seen the end coming!

CDJ-2000Nexus_top.jpg

Your turntable aint got shit on this badboy

Even Panasonic seen the end coming!

If I was playing vinyl and you were playing on cdjs I would be the one getting laid and you wouldn't. Vinyl is more personable. Cdjs is more geeky. And omg I can't believe there is actually a sync button on there! I thought that was all a big joke! Must be good knowing that technically a 5 year old could mix as well as you

2000 Nexus are the only ones with the sync button, so yeah, it kinda sucks.

I'll stick to 800/1000, they're my favourites

If I was playing vinyl and you were playing on cdjs I would be the one getting laid and you wouldn't. Vinyl is more personable. Cdjs is more geeky. And omg I can't believe there is actually a sync button on there! I thought that was all a big joke! Must be good knowing that technically a 5 year old could mix as well as you

my humble 850's dnt even show the track name let alone the wave form... but my argument... im not a collector, nor do i want to be, nor do i have the excess money and space, nor do i really care that much to be a vinyl head... i just want to come home grab some 3quid cds, or 50p cds with some mp3s on it and mix... i dnt want to bend over, i dont want to rush, just pick tunes and go mad on the mixer techniques... grab some le inspiration push the cds aside, much easier than with technics, and make some music on the mac... this argument is completely obsolete as terps has an entire basement for his dj set up cos he doesn't make nor wishes to make music so he has excess space, he entertains to we all go mix so its relevant to his situation however not to mine... so its down to people and their goals, ambitions, preferences etc...

so please shut up all of you

oh and not its not dead, just in a slow state of dying... do i care, not, should you, i dont know but still i do not care

Last edited:
Dagz, no one is saying that vinyl is thriving like it was during the golden era for dnb record sales, but the point remains that it IS still being sold, and in surprisingly reasonable quantities, as said by Presha already in this thread. But sadly, you are too stupid to understand the distinction between "vinyl is not dead" and "vinyl is still the top selling format" (which no one has said)

You're just talking to yourself in here

Back
Top Bottom