• £36 - £40

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • £41 - £45

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • £46 - £50

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Dj Sway

Ok guys (n girls!) i wana know wheather i am gettin ripped off, how much do you charge for an hour set? and if you could tell me how long you have been dj-ing it would be helpfull. thanks.:afro:

M-Code

Hubbidy Hibbedy
me and teh sdm got paid £70 each for a solo hour each then 1hr b2b. that's the most i've ever got. other than that i generally don't get paid because alot of the sets i get are for peole i know who don't charge on the door.

if i could command a fee, i reckon it would be about £50 for a biggish event.

but at the end of the day i'm not in it for the money, it's just a nice bonus.

oh yeah, i've been playing out for over a year.

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Originally posted by M-Code
me and teh sdm got paid £70 each for a solo hour each then 1hr b2b. that's the most i've ever got. other than that i generally don't get paid because alot of the sets i get are for peole i know who don't charge on the door.

if i could command a fee, i reckon it would be about £50 for a biggish event.

but at the end of the day i'm not in it for the money, it's just a nice bonus.

oh yeah, i've been playing out for over a year.
Ditto :)

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
And it's not just about the money, it's also about what the events' aiming at, if you're involved or just someone to fill a slot.

A lot of the best Djs I know usually play for free.

Others DJs (and some Producers on the strength of 1 or 2 big tracks) get signed up to an agency and start asking silly money when they just aren't worth it.

A lot of agency DJs are sitting at home cos they've been told they deserve £x amount.

If you're looking for money try and hype yourself up and get an agent, otherwise, just enjoy the music.

Think about it, you have to be a pretty big name before your fee covers the cost of the records in your box.

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
i get people throwing 1p's at me but thats it , normally they throw money at me to get me to fuck off
!!:rolleyes:

Dj Sway

Thanks for all your feed back. i'm not solely in it for the money, it is a nice bonus, but i have done a few gigs and have only been paid £10 an hour, but all is good! thanks again!:afro:

Charge

VIP Junglist
Got £70 for an hour at the same night as M-code and Sdm, but getting free bar always goes down well!

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Originally posted by Element
but getting free bar always goes down well!
You know!

Myself n Triple M had the free beer when Grooverider came down, or was it Adam F :confused: One of them events anyways!

RJM

Never been paid anything worthwhile. Usually whatever i get paid i gamble away on the old nags or invest in the Skunk-daq stock exchange or just plain piss it up the wall!
Thats how it should be...... cash is for livin'

eljay

it all depends on the event. it ranges from absolutely nothing, to about £100 at the moment (if im lucky!)