Techno compo on a lazy Sunday? Hell yes!!!

Cheers Fluff. Its a bit basic with the arrangement and the drum pattern has no variation but i did what i could with the time i had. Spent about a hour sampling and about the same again trying to puzzle it together and mix etc.
From my listen a couple of days ago I liked the synth part that came in towards the end. Add a bit of variation to the drums (add/remove/swap a layer or two) and you've got a decent Techno tune there
i just listened again, didnt hear it for a week now, and its important to remember its made with a sample pack in a few hours, because its fucking terrible, its like im tone deaf haha. i guess i was just hyped to have done a music again, to be back in the saddle so to speak, and i really do want to make dub techno so thats why i was so ecstatic, the tune itself is actually really shitty haha
You are being too harsh on yourself. I thought it was a decent tune and with a bit more polishing would come out fine. Listening back to my own track I can find lots of areas for improvement so don't worry about it

From my listen a couple of days ago I liked the synth part that came in towards the end. Add a bit of variation to the drums (add/remove/swap a layer or two) and you've got a decent Techno tune there
You are being too harsh on yourself. I thought it was a decent tune and with a bit more polishing would come out fine. Listening back to my own track I can find lots of areas for improvement so don't worry about it

thank you my man, much appreciated, i was so disgusted when i heard it haha, dont know why. i want to be better than i am, i guess, and my next effort will reflect that.

im thinking minimal dnb with a dub techno feel, isnt that the maddest concept? in the future i mean, right now im just doing weird noisey ambient stuff and further attempts at dub techno.

ill terrrorize you with whatever i come up with, probably in a pm haha

Heh yeah totally saw this way too late... I will check in here to do a vote

ah man, i forgot to @ you! im sorry brody, next time? were doing a new compo soon-ish, im feeling a dnb compo coming on off the back of this, its been a while now, dont you think?

im thinking minimal dnb with a dub techno feel, isnt that the maddest concept? in the future i mean, right now im just doing weird noisey ambient stuff and further attempts at dub techno.

ill terrrorize you with whatever i come up with, probably in a pm haha
Dub Techno inspired D&B sounds good to me. I had a stab at it 3 years ago.

I look forward to hearing your next attempt

I managed to put something together this evening, loads of problems but i think if i were to take techno on a little more serious it would be in this style. Influenced by Neil Landstrumms analog works, heres my entry with a concept visuals video...

Dig it.

What did you use to put the graphics in the video together? Blender?

Dig it.

What did you use to put the graphics in the video together? Blender?
Cheers! I've just realised that I can't add anything other than original samples though. I didn't notice that rule when post was put up few weeks back but just checked the DOA page to listen to other entries and seen it. FML ahah...
I withdraw since I used 909 samples in various elements. But may venture a bit more in the style since I enjoyed it.
The video is just a rip off from YouTube chopped up in Ableton. I intend to switch it up in video editor later.

Cheers! I've just realised that I can't add anything other than original samples though. I didn't notice that rule when post was put up few weeks back but just checked the DOA page to listen to other entries and seen it. FML ahah...
I withdraw since I used 909 samples in various elements. But may venture a bit more in the style since I enjoyed it.
The video is just a rip off from YouTube chopped up in Ableton. I intend to switch it up in video editor later.

Ah you utter plonker, you did a song and foley and a video but you added 909s?

Maybe we could have it as the theme song for the compo, it would be a damn shame to leave it out?? Its awesome, I have to listen again, what the fk bro

Dub Techno inspired D&B sounds good to me. I had a stab at it 3 years ago.

I look forward to hearing your next attempt

YOU ALREADY DONE IT!!?!??!????? I WILL CONTACT YOU SHORTLY

ah man, i forgot to @ you! im sorry brody, next time? were doing a new compo soon-ish, im feeling a dnb compo coming on off the back of this, its been a while now, dont you think?

Nah you did man, it's all on me, haven't been on here a few days.
And I'm always up for comps, always pushed me into something I havent done before!

Back
Top Bottom