• £36 - £40

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • £41 - £45

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • £46 - £50

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Dj Sway

Ok guys (n girls!) i wana know wheather i am gettin ripped off, how much do you charge for an hour set? and if you could tell me how long you have been dj-ing it would be helpfull. thanks.:afro:

me and teh sdm got paid £70 each for a solo hour each then 1hr b2b. that's the most i've ever got. other than that i generally don't get paid because alot of the sets i get are for peole i know who don't charge on the door.

if i could command a fee, i reckon it would be about £50 for a biggish event.

but at the end of the day i'm not in it for the money, it's just a nice bonus.

oh yeah, i've been playing out for over a year.

Originally posted by M-Code
me and teh sdm got paid £70 each for a solo hour each then 1hr b2b. that's the most i've ever got. other than that i generally don't get paid because alot of the sets i get are for peole i know who don't charge on the door.

if i could command a fee, i reckon it would be about £50 for a biggish event.

but at the end of the day i'm not in it for the money, it's just a nice bonus.

oh yeah, i've been playing out for over a year.

Ditto :)

And it's not just about the money, it's also about what the events' aiming at, if you're involved or just someone to fill a slot.

A lot of the best Djs I know usually play for free.

Others DJs (and some Producers on the strength of 1 or 2 big tracks) get signed up to an agency and start asking silly money when they just aren't worth it.

A lot of agency DJs are sitting at home cos they've been told they deserve £x amount.

If you're looking for money try and hype yourself up and get an agent, otherwise, just enjoy the music.

Think about it, you have to be a pretty big name before your fee covers the cost of the records in your box.

i get people throwing 1p's at me but thats it , normally they throw money at me to get me to fuck off
!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for all your feed back. i'm not solely in it for the money, it is a nice bonus, but i have done a few gigs and have only been paid £10 an hour, but all is good! thanks again!:afro:

Originally posted by Element
but getting free bar always goes down well!

You know!

Myself n Triple M had the free beer when Grooverider came down, or was it Adam F :confused: One of them events anyways!

Never been paid anything worthwhile. Usually whatever i get paid i gamble away on the old nags or invest in the Skunk-daq stock exchange or just plain piss it up the wall!
Thats how it should be...... cash is for livin'

Back
Top Bottom