When is Sub Focus' - 'Robot Rock' 'Rock on' or 'Rock it' coming out?

But think about it for a second ...

How many different djs in the scene have had "Rock It" or "Let The Story Begin" or "Vapourise" or "Follow The Light" to play out in the last year? (until very very recently)

Subfocus and Andy C? Red One? Can't really think of anyone else!

It's not like Ram have done a bad job in keeping the tunes locked down to themselves, the only reason any of the above tunes might seem a bit overplayed is if you've been following Andy C or Subfocus around the country for the last few months!

And of course both of those two are gonna play these tunes!

Well no i havn't been following them round the country but i have seen them a fair few times over the last year and a half... not to mention all the annie mac minimix's, guests on other radio shows, sets from global gathering etc etc... ur right in the fact that they havn't passed out to too many people but the point im makin is when the chase & status album came out most of the tunes hadn't been rinsed hard by 2 or 3 of the biggest names in dnb for the last year or so... and therefore they were fresh and big! where as these are big but rinsed.. dont get me wrong sub focus is my favourite producer by a long shot but still think he's not done himself any favours taking this long...

Yeah i dont think they would play it but ive been doing warm up sets at some of there shows, and i think this would be a good look for the kidzz, heheh

nah i meant in some of their songs they have breakdowns where they literally press play on something.

i think they should do what london elektricity do and slice elements up and place it on a sampler and play it.
this way they can vary their breakdowns and speed up/slow down.

These songs are boring now and have been rinsed too much

Calyx and Teebee have the right idea - ' As far as a release date, they don't want to compromise on anything so a deadline hasn't been set. This is also why no tracks have been in circulation in the scene, as they want to avoid some of the tunes being rinsed to fuck by the time it gets released!'

productionwise calyx and teebee are in a league of their own.

Well no i havn't been following them round the country but i have seen them a fair few times over the last year and a half... not to mention all the annie mac minimix's, guests on other radio shows, sets from global gathering etc etc... ur right in the fact that they havn't passed out to too many people but the point im makin is when the chase & status album came out most of the tunes hadn't been rinsed hard by 2 or 3 of the biggest names in dnb for the last year or so... and therefore they were fresh and big! where as these are big but rinsed.. dont get me wrong sub focus is my favourite producer by a long shot but still think he's not done himself any favours taking this long...

Yeah I see your point, but I feel this is gonna be an album of mainly dancefloor music where if you really listen to the tracks they're gonna sound far more polished and have more depth to them than a lot of other producer's music around right now that is created on the same vibe

Basicly, I'd just like that to think that the "perfectionism" has payed off, as long as people give it a chance and really take notice to how well the music is produced

productionwise calyx and teebee are in a league of their own.

I agree - however you always get people stating that ______'s production is nothing compared to ____ (enter techstep producers name) Just cuz its techstep doesn't mean the production value is any better then a liquid producer.

Anyways.... this song is utter shite dancefloor teenage trash that you will hear in a 17 year olds car along with eastern jam.

Yeah I see your point, but I feel this is gonna be an album of mainly dancefloor music where if you really listen to the tracks they're gonna sound far more polished and have more depth to them than a lot of other producer's music around right now that is created on the same vibe

Basicly, I'd just like that to think that the "perfectionism" has payed off, as long as people give it a chance and really take notice to how well the music is produced

Yeh man im sure i won't be dissapointed 1 bit... just wish i hadn't found out about it until this year...

I agree - however you always get people stating that ______'s production is nothing compared to ____ (enter techstep producers name) Just cuz its techstep doesn't mean the production value is any better then a liquid producer.

Anyways.... this song is utter shite dancefloor teenage trash that you will hear in a 17 year olds car along with eastern jam.

I think someone needs to try getting off their high horse about 'dancefloor trash' and teenagers.

What is "dancefloor trash"?

Machete?

Mr Happy?

"Rock It"?

Music made to make people dance on a dancefloor?

I though that was what this entire scene was built on ...

Music made to make you want to dance

So what if it's more appealing to a 17 year old than say a Calibre tune for example? (which often isn't 100% made for the dancefloor ... or as least a bit more discreet about it)

They have to like something don't they? Youl find with most people as they get older their taste in drum and bass tends to develop a bit more, but everyone has to start somewhere, and 17 year olds going out to raves just want to enjoy themselves and enjoy the music, which they do, so what's the problem?

Sometimes I just feel people think they are too cool for school with drum and bass, and think they're above certain styles of the music because they listen to "deeper" stuff

Far too many times I've heard people say "Nah I don't really like all that jump up stuff", I swear they just think it's cool not to like what's popular when really they're just being narrow minded

And I can't believe I hear the word "Cheese" associated with dnb so much these days.

Cheese is "Build Me Up Buttercup"

Not fucking Airplane or Feelings, jesus christ it's just a vocal let it go people! ...

I'm done now.

Back
Top Bottom