The return of Spor?

Hexus
@feedme Bring @sp0r back!

Emperor
@Hex72 @feedme @sp0r I'm sure this tweet will make a huge difference!

Feed Me
@EmperorDNB @Hex72 @sp0r Actually it has. I now will definitely never do this.

Deffo not happening

lol, what a nice fella... :/ He probably doesn't care about spor anymore - fair enough spor has nothing on his feed me project audience-wise. Still unnecessary to raise hope and then tweet something like that lol.

-

there's also some other tweets concerning this. whatever. mind.

@feedme Is this album you're putting out a Feed Me album, a Spor one or a combination of both?

@SJRimmington In all honesty the more people ask me about Spor, the less I feel like doing it.

@feedme In the sense that Spor is something you left behind and don't want to revisit?

@SJRimmington It isn't the music; it's the demographic that's off-putting, there's a sense of elitism and entitlement which I disliked.

Last edited:
i can see similarities in style but how someone can move from neuro(not even neuro, just THAT spor sound) to that electro sound doing the rounds atm is beyond me. taste is subjective i guess...

What a shame.....why on earth he said from his Spor fb an album was coming out in August I don't know!

@SJRimmington It isn't the music; it's the demographic that's off-putting, there's a sense of elitism and entitlement which I disliked.

Oh fuck off. It's not about that. It's cos people wanna hear deadly basslines and drums that could knock you out.

I honestly like his Feed Me project but tbh, he's always gonna be Spor. It's not about elitism.

With all due respect Spor, you're a a missive tit if you think people are requesting Spor because of 'elitism' or 'entitlement' and tbh, it's quite arrogant of you.

#justsayin

if he wanted to write drum and bass im sure he would do that, if he is considering "demographics" before even writing a tune then hes lost his passion clearly!!

Don't get me wrong i'm completely for the return of spor but i can sort of see where he might be coming from with the elitism thing, how many of us dnb fans actually like his feed me stuff? its just normal music snobbery, most people who like music which is off the beaten track tend to look down on slightly more 'commercial' stuff or stuff they just plain don't like, this is not a dig but i do it all the time in regards to jump up, screechy dubstep & i spose even spor's 'feed me' side project.
So can we really blame him for being fed up with his old fans? when all they do is whinge that they don't like his new music?

Best we can hope for is a little nod to his original fans in the form of a cheeky dnb track on the album

Put yourself in his position. You make 2 types of music, one type brings you critical acclaim, well respected, but little sales. The other gives you bigger recognition, higher sales, more money. Which one would you pick?
He will keep the cash cow going, why shouldn't he. He may enjoy the music he makes now, so why shouldn't he.
I like Feed Me, but I loved Spor. It is a shame, but as with Zinc, people just move on from styles of music.
Although I bet he has a shit load of finished Spor songs that he could just drop on people. If he's a perfectionist he may not have the time to tweak & finish them. Maybe he said about the Spor album before he did the Feed Me tour, which would have earned him a pretty penny. If it hadn't worked, we'd have a Spor album soon, but it did, so he'll do a Feed Me album instead.

I really hope Woodruff that hes done with Phace will still be released, would be such a shame for that to go to waste

he gets critical acclaim for his feed me stuff though.. it's just a very different target audience.

shame if he doesn't go back to spor but there are so many good producers coming through at the moment that it's not like we're lost for decent techy dnb...

i do agree with him on one thing though, DrumandBass fans on a whole are really arsey, and elitist. but people can speculate as much as they want, they always will, he doesnt have to do a cocky pendulum style middle finger to drum and bass scene alltogether

Back
Top Bottom