Noisia - Outer Edges LP (Vision) Out September 16th

Essential release, got me hooked again. Everyone shall get a physical copy of this milestone.
Guys made a statement, leak as much as it sucks is secondary here. LP is a big winner.

There's a very big difference between illegally downloading an album as opposed to it being leaked over a month before the release. Pirating is unavoidable, it's going to happen no matter who you are, unless you're releasing exclusively on vinyl (and even that won't necessarily stop people). Leaking the album completely kills whatever marketing campaign they had organised for the release. If they were planning on showcasing the album at their shows before release, too bad because everyone has now heard all of the tunes. They now have to deal with the absolute headache of organising changed release dates with iTunes, Spotify, and every other store as well as anyone who ordered the vinyl feeling left behind because they still have to wait until September. I could go on, but you get the point.

Sure I get your point. As I see it pirating is the problem not the time when. music should be treated with respect. it's not, entirely.

Seriously? You just sound bitter to me which is kind of shit being a label owner yourself.

I don't think anyone puts out a statement like theirs if it's a stunt.

I'm bitter, yes.

they got my outmost respect for everything they do, but this was bound to happen and I'm sorry for it but that's unfortunately the world we live in.

I get that it's about respect for the art of music and I agree that it's shit and people should buy (no not stream) music but it happens to EVERYONE. Dont see them posting that around? people are crying out their hearts for them of losing money while they ask for 15k a gig, go figure!
honestly I cried my eyes out for them lol. they will make shitload of money with this album, leak or no leak. there's so many other people that deserve and they will never ever even get close. smells like a stunt imo.

I think its mostly about how much work Noisia put into this album and it's marketing and build up. They've apparently created a whole new live set and done animations and stuff for each song in an effort to get people excited. But now thats all gone to waste. As Hurricos said, pirating will always happen, but leaking must be really frustrating.

Leaks must be incredibly disheartening though - as others have pointed out - all the time, effort and money put into the build-up towards the release, gone to waste, you start thinking to yourself 'why am I doing this?'

Power to the Noisia people for staying positive throughout this. I'm gonna check the album later, I'm sure it will be crazy advanced from a sound design perspective and there will be some cool arrangements and tune-writing.

Seriously considering flying over from Sydney for it...
I think I would be considering it seriously too if I didn't live in WA. I think Southbound festival is on the next day or a few days later, so you could go to that too. Pretty expensive holiday though ahha

Not my cup of tea tbh, Motion Blur is quite nice and the whole thing definitely feels ambitious, I wouldn't write it all off as Jump-up Neuro filler at all, there are a lot of interesting bits of wonky halftime, some incredible sound design, but at the same time most of it leaves me completely cold. I quite like Get Deaded, that's some seriously inventive and creative shit, but the sonics of it kind of ruin it for me, it sounds like a Fracture and Current Value collab and while I do like Fracture and I like Current Value separately I don't think that those two aesthetics really work together well.

The Approach (Reprise) is great though - those drums are incredible, even if its all only an outro skit

Rhythmically it's pretty unlike anything else about at the moment... so many different tempos and weird grooves that mostly don't fit very well into current genres. Plus Noisia sound design is always amazing.

I find it a little bit of a shame that they've lost some of the musicality and the sense of a jouney they had in their earlier material and from longer tracks but it's always a bit of a trade off and I don't think they can really go back and make another lost cause or anything again now.

I'm really digging the album. I do wish the tracks were longer though. Motion blur and the entangled are my fav with the first few listens. I'm wondering if track lengths were kept short in order to get more songs on the vinyl? But who knows.

I'm wondering if track lengths were kept short in order to get more songs on the vinyl? But who knows.

Back in the day I was told track lengths were often short to fit more on a CD, and this is why I assumed they were short on Split the Atom. Since Outer Edges will come out on CD, I guess it could still be the case but really that just frustrates me now because I'd rather longer tracks and no CD, and so many artists are opting against CDs these days.

Sinkhole is an absolute killer.
Really liking Vigilantes, Motion Blur and Miniatures too.

im probably the only one to think tentacles is the best tune on the lp

No, you're not. Since I've heard it out on a huge rig, I love that tune. Really really stomping.

I'm really digging the album. I do wish the tracks were longer though. Motion blur and the entangled are my fav with the first few listens. I'm wondering if track lengths were kept short in order to get more songs on the vinyl? But who knows.

Back in the day I was told track lengths were often short to fit more on a CD, and this is why I assumed they were short on Split the Atom. Since Outer Edges will come out on CD, I guess it could still be the case but really that just frustrates me now because I'd rather longer tracks and no CD, and so many artists are opting against CDs these days.

They've stated in some interview that it's a project meant to fulfill their limits, it's not meant to be DJ friendly or radio friendly, hence why the tunes are rather short.

yeah motion blur, entangled, sinkhole and miniatures are top for me

No, you're not. Since I've heard it out on a huge rig, I love that tune. Really really stomping.

They've stated in some interview that it's a project meant to fulfill their limits, it's not meant to be DJ friendly or radio friendly, hence why the tunes are rather short.

That's a bit weird, normally it's the long tunes that aren't radio friendly... I guess it's different for dnb radio

I have always preferred Noisia's slower experimental tracks to most of their neuro. This album is great and it shows their uniqueness.

Back
Top Bottom