Noisia - Outer Edges LP (Vision) Out September 16th

Motion blur is siiiiick , sound quality of the leak doesnt seem that great , will definitely buy when its out

Hoping they bring their Outer Edges show when I see them in Perth on NYE
CotT-IFUsAAEcxK.jpg

beyond jealous

On their Facebook page:
Friday night, while we were in the final minutes of setting up the stage for our first ever Outer Edges show, we received the news that our album had been leaked. We think you can imagine how bad we felt at that moment :'(

We realise it's 2016, and things like these happen all the time. Still, it's quite a setback. All the plans we've made have to be scrapped and replaced by something less ideal, because we have to react to this unfortunate situation.
So far in releasing this album, we've made a conscious effort to make every track that's available somewhere, available everywhere. If you pre-ordered the album on Itunes or our webstore, you received the new track the same day it was first premiered on Soundcloud. We believe that users of all platforms should be able to listen to our music pretty much the minute it's available anywhere else. In this philosophy, the availability of our whole album on illegal download sites means that we have to make it available on all platforms.
So here's our reaction:
We have immediately changed all our previous plans and made the whole album available to buy on our web store (https://store.visionrecordings.nl/) right now. All other digital platforms will follow this Friday August 5th, that was the quickest date we could manage. The physical products (Vinyl/CD/Merch) are still in production so their release date will remain September 16th.
Even though we are unhappy about this leak, we're still really happy with the music. We really hope you will enjoy it as much as we've enjoyed making it.
Love,
Thijs, Martijn, Nik
PS. Thanks to whoever leaked our album, next time please do it after the album is out, maybe we can coordinate? Oh wait, that wouldn't really be leaking... And besides, we don't negotiate with terror..leaking persons. No, instead we will fold, and adjust our entire strategy. Take that! We hope you get stung by a lot of mosquitoes this summer, and maybe also next summer.

I imagine they'll do a release of DJ edits at some point, with full length versions of a lot of the tracks (as per Split The Atom).

Why are Noisia album tunes shorter?

I remember Head Gestures with Joe Seven that was the same from Split the Atom, was so gutted as loved it.

Don't think it came out as the full tune for a couple of years after.

I get that it's about respect for the art of music and I agree that it's shit and people should buy (no not stream) music but it happens to EVERYONE. Dont see them posting that around? people are crying out their hearts for them of losing money while they ask for 15k a gig, go figure!
honestly I cried my eyes out for them lol. they will make shitload of money with this album, leak or no leak. there's so many other people that deserve and they will never ever even get close. smells like a stunt imo.

I get that it's about respect for the art of music and I agree that it's shit and people should buy (no not stream) music but it happens to EVERYONE. Dont see them posting that around? people are crying out their hearts for them of losing money while they ask for 15k a gig, go figure!
honestly I cried my eyes out for them lol. they will make shitload of money with this album, leak or no leak. there's so many other people that deserve and they will never ever even get close. smells like a stunt imo.

There's a very big difference between illegally downloading an album as opposed to it being leaked over a month before the release. Pirating is unavoidable, it's going to happen no matter who you are, unless you're releasing exclusively on vinyl (and even that won't necessarily stop people). Leaking the album completely kills whatever marketing campaign they had organised for the release. If they were planning on showcasing the album at their shows before release, too bad because everyone has now heard all of the tunes. They now have to deal with the absolute headache of organising changed release dates with iTunes, Spotify, and every other store as well as anyone who ordered the vinyl feeling left behind because they still have to wait until September. I could go on, but you get the point.

Seriously? You just sound bitter to me which is kind of shit being a label owner yourself.

I don't think anyone puts out a statement like theirs if it's a stunt.

Back
Top Bottom