Even The Pros Do It...

I used to go to Movement - his night on thursday - all the time... probably too much and he was almost always immaculate. A few clangs, but that is the risk of vinyl.

He is one of the most respected in the genre, and rightfully so, because he is bryan gee.

Plus i'd love to see you say this stuff to his face... he's a big guy!

he was always to stoned to pick up on what was going on around him. At telepathy he used to have trouble lifting his head!

NEVER touch the platter after cueing, so it's his fault :)

Although this is a good point, the vast majority of djs (including Andy C) will sometimes touch the platter after cueing to keep the tunes in sync rather than having to adjust the pitch to compensate

Everytime I saw him he was good, and that was pushing 30/40 times...

I was a bit lean too, but have a good ear for what is shite...

I heard A.I a few weeks ago and have never been more disappointed in my life... They dropped days of rage which got me by, but otherwise it was full of fxs to mask over the shit mixing and poor arrangments.

I used to go to Movement - his night on thursday - all the time... probably too much and he was almost always immaculate. A few clangs, but that is the risk of vinyl.

He is one of the most respected in the genre, and rightfully so, because he is bryan gee.

Plus i'd love to see you say this stuff to his face... he's a big guy!

1. Bryan G's mixing is not that good, he would probably admit to this if he's being honest with himself

2. Bryan G plays CDs

Although this is a good point, the vast majority of djs (including Andy C) will sometimes touch the platter after cueing to keep the tunes in sync rather than having to adjust the pitch to compensate

yeah, i was told when starting to DJ not to get into the habit of doing it because always using the pitch means theres no chance of knockin the vinyl into skipping

yeah, i was told when starting to DJ not to get into the habit of doing it because always using the pitch means theres no chance of knockin the vinyl into skipping

If you can learn to mix entirely using the pitch then that's wicked, but sometimes its just easier to give the vinyl a little push rather than working the pitch all over again

The way I see it, if Andy's happy to touch the vinyl, then I'm happy to touch the vinyl lo

As long as your on a set up with good needles, and your vinyl are in good condition, then there should be no reason why anything starts jumping

When I was seeing Bryan Gee in 2004.5.6 he wasn't mixing cds...

I rate him, haven't heard him in going on 2/3 years but I still rate him... Tune selection was always good and mixing tight enough.

And Nitrous... you really need to work on your peices.. that one on your sig is absolutely shite.

Lets see you do better ...

It seems your full of hate, (apart from your love affair with Bryan G), your hating on other peoples pieces, your hating on dubstep, your hating on C&S and their non "overproduced" production

What does an overproduced piece of music sounds like anyway?!

All I can say is, lets see you do better

Chase make shit tunes, but they have such tight production with not overly produced sounds that I have to say i respect them a bit...

what?
take me away was one of the best drum and bass tracks of 08.
and it wasnt just drums and bass aswell had a great wall of sound feel that always smashed it at raves.
shame it got rinsed

Lets see you do better ...

It seems your full of hate, (apart from your love affair with Bryan G), your hating on other peoples pieces, your hating on dubstep, your hating on C&S and their non "overproduced" production

What does an overproduced piece of music sounds like anyway?!

All I can say is, lets see you do better

not full of hate at all... I dont like dubstep... I think its trite shite.

Over production of drums is a very common thing.. Watch this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYMC57ldgE4 and you will see that they think about the drum licks and not overly producing them or altering a snare/highhat etc...

I never said i hated chase and status...

See me do what better? And since when does someone go on a forum not to have an opinion?

And bryan gee has done so much for drum and bass that he deserves to be respected... why hate on him? knobber

what?
take me away was one of the best drum and bass tracks of 08.
and it wasnt just drums and bass aswell had a great wall of sound feel that always smashed it at raves.
shame it got rinsed

Take me away is also a very copy cat tune, desperado and loads defined that sound before they did.

I am not a huge fan of them, nothing wrong with that. I respect them, and said it, but just am not into their vibe.

not full of hate at all... I dont like dubstep... I think its trite shite.

Over production of drums is a very common thing.. Watch this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYMC57ldgE4 and you will see that they think about the drum licks and not overly producing them or altering a snare/highhat etc...

I never said i hated chase and status...

See me do what better? And since when does someone go on a forum not to have an opinion?

And bryan gee has done so much for drum and bass that he deserves to be respected... why hate on him? knobber

Saying his mixing is not that good is not hating on him

Saying someone's artwork who you don't even know is "absolute shit" is hating

And if Nitrous' piece is absolute shit, then show us all something of yours which isn't

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, just try and keep to positive ones otherwise the whole forum is gonna be full of people saying this is shit, that is shit, everything is shit ...

which is just shit.

Take me away is also a very copy cat tune, desperado and loads defined that sound before they did.

I am not a huge fan of them, nothing wrong with that. I respect them, and said it, but just am not into their vibe.

It's not copy cat, its just a bassline automated in gain by an LFO of the same rate used in Desperado, really doesn't have that much else in common with it

Saying his mixing is not that good is not hating on him

Saying someone's artwork who you don't even know is "absolute shit" is hating

And if Nitrous' piece is absolute shit, then show us all something of yours which isn't

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, just try and keep to positive ones otherwise the whole forum is gonna be full of people saying this is shit, that is shit, everything is shit ...

which is just shit.

Have you seen his piece? It is genuinely shit. enough said.

Yea, I'll be happy to show a character of mine, its all I used to do. I don't get-up anymore though. It'll only let me do a webpage image... mine is on my comp and im not technical enough... I can email it to you if you'd like... or wait...

Image008_37e981e3fe.jpg

my character and piece on far far left... though cant be seen really

and

DSCN3247_cd249e1c55.jpg

mine is on the left... maze, by the way... WoW crew... now TMC. Though I havent painted in years. But Wras and them are still written down south...

Last edited:
It's not copy cat, its just a bassline automated in gain by an LFO of the same rate used in Desperado, really doesn't have that much else in common with it

Its hardly a unique jaw dropping sound though... Chase and Status aren't my cup of tea and are over rated I think... There are many others in the scene who deserve as much hype as they get... no?

Back
Top Bottom