Even The Pros Do It...

and back to the clangers................

anybody hear sigma fuck up on fabio's show it was priceless and cringy at the same time went on for what felt like good few minutes

I have heard some proper shockin mixes when out, sometimes i dont think a lot of people even relaize but it always seems to put me off my movin... like wtf wat am i suppose to do now :jacko:

where do i start! im not gona be name dropping but a big amount of producers that get sets because of the big tunes they create CAN NOT MIX ! far too many for my liking.

id just like to point out here that some of you guys are talking like you think mixing in a club is the easiest thing in the world

at least 8 out of 10 set ups i play on in the uk are fucked in some way and most have completely fucked up moniter set ups unfortunatly this is down to the venues just not giving a shit about the dj set up when it comes to installing it (£££££££)

performing in a club is a million miles away from pretending to be andy c in your bedroom there is a whole host of shit that you have to contend with such as

mc's coming through moniter speakers at twice the level of the music
moniters being blown
moniters in stupid poistions (like 5 feet away from the decks)
needles jumping
twats bumping into the decks and jumping the records
huge feedback on the decks from the soundsystem and / or mic
10 yr old equipment (ive seen decks that look like people have played football with them in clubs b4)
people who think they look big by being backstage standing infornt of the moniters

on top of this you will rarly find a working mixer and if you do most of the buttons and knobs will be missing (where do they go??? there must be a pixie somewhere that goes around steeling knobs from mixers) ive even played in clubs that have all of the eq's taped up to stop dj's from adjusting the eq

unfortunatly this is pretty much the norm in the uk and venues need to fix up

so before you start cussing dj's out have a think about the substandard shit they have to perform on sometimes

*disclamier im sure some dj's are shit aswell but i aint judging anyone here ;)

So DJ's....which venue has the BEST setup for you to perform on?

Summed it all up mate

id just like to point out here that some of you guys are talking like you think mixing in a club is the easiest thing in the world

at least 8 out of 10 set ups i play on in the uk are fucked in some way and most have completely fucked up moniter set ups unfortunatly this is down to the venues just not giving a shit about the dj set up when it comes to installing it (£££££££)

performing in a club is a million miles away from pretending to be andy c in your bedroom there is a whole host of shit that you have to contend with such as

mc's coming through moniter speakers at twice the level of the music
moniters being blown
moniters in stupid poistions (like 5 feet away from the decks)
needles jumping
twats bumping into the decks and jumping the records
huge feedback on the decks from the soundsystem and / or mic
10 yr old equipment (ive seen decks that look like people have played football with them in clubs b4)
people who think they look big by being backstage standing infornt of the moniters

on top of this you will rarly find a working mixer and if you do most of the buttons and knobs will be missing (where do they go??? there must be a pixie somewhere that goes around steeling knobs from mixers) ive even played in clubs that have all of the eq's taped up to stop dj's from adjusting the eq

unfortunatly this is pretty much the norm in the uk and venues need to fix up

so before you start cussing dj's out have a think about the substandard shit they have to perform on sometimes

*disclamier im sure some dj's are shit aswell but i aint judging anyone here ;)

Back
Top Bottom