Cubase Starter Thread (Basics, Tips, Tricks)

i love cubase ,i have 3,but i tend to use fruity more becuz its easier to assign midi controllers---(right clik -link to controller)
any easy way to do this type of move in cubase?:confused:

I don't use my midi controller to control anything in Cubase. Just the mouse and keyboard for that. But i use it to control any desired parameters in the VST's i'm using. All VST's will have there own way of dealing with midi signals. All of mine function in the same way as fruity (right click a paramter - link). This method holds whether i'm using the VST's in Cubase or as standalone devices. It makes no difference if Cubase is running or not.
Hope that helps.

Really awesome that you started a thread for this.

Live 3 for all my audio needs/sequencing my songs in full.
Cubase SE 1.07 for all VSTi work.
(works like a charm, only bug is that it quits unexpectedly after 30-60 mins of usage, must save often)

Any idea how to make Transposition CCs smoother??? No matter which tool I select, the bloody CCs are always boxy looking.

I wish editing CCs on the comp was as easy as it is on the Triton.

Just got on cubase now for the first time and have no idea what im doing. Loaded a drum sample into it but when i change the tempo it doesn't change the tempo of the sample i loaded up? Anyone help me out?

china bearing wholesalers

Welcome to OEM-BEARING.com E SHOP. We are professional China bearing wholesalers.we sell skf bearing,fag bearing ,nsk bearing,timken bearing.1. To ensure that imported a large number of the spot, the origin of bearing;2. Cheap, timely delivery ,in stockBearing Product packaging appearance may change due to changes in the factory in order to prevail in kind packaging; The actual operation of the purchase price due to the specific circumstances of the time and vary in order to mutually agreed price. The original brand name products to ensure product quality commitment; More information on these products, as well as sourcing, delivery and other business information, please use the following exchange:TEL: +86-22-27596611 +86-22-27565577 Auto Fax : +86-22-87720337 Email: yangbearing@yahoo.com.cn Msn : yangwangli@hotmail.com Website: www.oem-bearing.com If you have the demand for bearings, please send an email to me. I will reply to you promptly. The best price, the transittime of goods, transport costs, weight, volume and other parameters in detail.Mode of transport:By AIR , By SHIPING , By UPS , By DHL , By FEDEX

I have both FL Studio 8 and Nuendo 3! I'm pretty competant when it comes to FL, but havnt a clue on anything related to Nuendo! which is a shame cos it cost me 300 quid! and apparently has a much better sound quality to it!

Just got on cubase now for the first time and have no idea what im doing. Loaded a drum sample into it but when i change the tempo it doesn't change the tempo of the sample i loaded up? Anyone help me out?

I wouldn't expect my version of Cubase to be able to change the tempo of a loop or an individual hit... now, if I load something into Live, I would expect to be able to warp a loop or individual hit to a specific BPM.

Are you trying to Timestretch the sound or are you trying to make the loop (I assume when you say 'drum sample' you mean loop) match a certain BPM?

Other than warping audio in Live, I have no idea how to do something similar in other Sequencers.

It's 2009 though, lol... I'm sure the newer versions of Cubase have this feature by now.

Try opening up a .txt file and doing a search for 'matching tempo' or 'warping beats' or something to that effect....

of course cubase can time stretch files.
There is a couple of ways to do it.
click and hold the selection tool (arrow) and a drop down box appears with an option to time stretch with tempo etc.
also you can select audio. go into audio menu and select time stretch. voila....

with the new Cubase5 i love the alt+k command for the virtual pc keyword..... (about time) ... so handy when you just want to rock out without having to set up the damn midi keyboard etc.

peace out

dauntless

I completely forgot about 'Timestretch', lol. Yeah, Cubase SE can do that.

Honestly, I hate Timestretching anything because in my experience (first time I used Timestretching was on a K. Triton, and what a pain in the ass that was...) it doesn't work nearly as well or as accurately as warp markering in A. Live.

anybody had this problem before? It doesn't detect my speakers for some reason so I don't hear any audio at all. They used to work before though, it says they aren't connected on cubase but they are :/

reinstalled helped, if someone has similar problem

Last edited:
I have both FL Studio 8 and Nuendo 3! I'm pretty competant when it comes to FL, but havnt a clue on anything related to Nuendo! which is a shame cos it cost me 300 quid! and apparently has a much better sound quality to it!

Really? Does any Host truly sound any better than another host?

Does my version of Live (3) really not sound as good as todays version 8?

I've never done any research into this, but once in a blue moon I'll see someone say something about it...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ve+differences+in+sound+quality&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

lol... lots to look through there... I guess I'll do some reading : )

how do i get a sample into the key editor? i have a vocal cut which i want to play around with.

also, when i try and use the "pitchbend" controller lane in the key editor with the groove agent as my vst it doesnt seem to work (i basically want to pitch bend a snare to make a snare roll) it sounds ok without the pitchbend but i would prefer it with it

Hey, how do you get your vsts to work in cubase? Ive got massive and it works on its own but when i go into vst intruments on cubase ti doesn't appear. What am i doing wrong?

Hey, how do you get your vsts to work in cubase? Ive got massive and it works on its own but when i go into vst intruments on cubase ti doesn't appear. What am i doing wrong?

Ehr.. im not really into cubase, cause i use Renoise, but im trying cubase aswell.. but in your cubase folder (the place where you have installed it) there should be a "vstplugin" folder or something like that, install massive into that folder, and if im right it should show up when you make a midi instrument, and link it with a device. (Project > add track > Midi ) to link a VST to it: klick on the midi track, Device > Vst Instrument, select one, and you're ready to go.

(this is how ive done it, if im wrong, please correct me, im not really into cubase yet... )

Back
Top Bottom