What's the best program to sample audio?

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
buy morgana and get sampling with that. otherwise cooledit pro or audition as they call it now is your best bet. cool edit pro over audition though, they fucked up the interface on audition

B

BDS

iv just got audacity, but its only recording through the mic built in to my lappy, how do i get it to rec ord stuff like streaming audio from media polayer etc??

anyone know?

MARKLAR

International Tracksuit Salesman
VIP Junglist
iv just got audacity, but its only recording through the mic built in to my lappy, how do i get it to rec ord stuff like streaming audio from media polayer etc??

anyone know?
do it the ghetto way just get a headphone jack to jack lead an record from ur headphones into the mic!lol
thats wat i do!:D

Sweaty Teddy

Nob'ed
VIP Junglist
You could always get a jack to jack put one end in your headphone output and one end in your audio input and play the DVD on your computer and record the part you want.

You could literally just record out of the headphone jack straight into the mic input into your sequencer or a wave editor program. Audacity works fine mate and it's free they even recommend it at my uni. You might be surprised at the results from doing it that way, it's a whole lot more accurate then using tape machines like they used to!

moriaty

VIP Junglist
jeezus f christ people... mini jack recording ? i mean really...
just download DVD audio extractor. it can give you either a stereo file of the dvd audio, or 6 mono files for surround formats.
no degradation, no hassle with ghetto methods. just clean and crisp 24 bit 48 KHz.
(y)

jeezus f christ people... mini jack recording ? i mean really...
just download DVD audio extractor. it can give you either a stereo file of the dvd audio, or 6 mono files for surround formats.
no degradation, no hassle with ghetto methods. just clean and crisp 24 bit 48 KHz.
(y)
no hassle with ghetto methods lol

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
for web based samples say off youtube, i use a program called Irecord(mac) then i load it up in recycle then to esx24(logic) or edit straight in audio.

but i rarely use samples inless its a drum break