What's the best program to sample audio?

mini_molko

I wanna get some vocal samples from a DVD, but I'm not sure how to go about it or what's the best program to use for recording. Any advice? :coffee:

yeah audacity is free

:google:

also this question has been asked soooo many times, have a search matey ;)

buy morgana and get sampling with that. otherwise cooledit pro or audition as they call it now is your best bet. cool edit pro over audition though, they fucked up the interface on audition

iv just got audacity, but its only recording through the mic built in to my lappy, how do i get it to rec ord stuff like streaming audio from media polayer etc??

anyone know?

iv just got audacity, but its only recording through the mic built in to my lappy, how do i get it to rec ord stuff like streaming audio from media polayer etc??

anyone know?

do it the ghetto way just get a headphone jack to jack lead an record from ur headphones into the mic!lol
thats wat i do!:D

You could always get a jack to jack put one end in your headphone output and one end in your audio input and play the DVD on your computer and record the part you want.

You could literally just record out of the headphone jack straight into the mic input into your sequencer or a wave editor program. Audacity works fine mate and it's free they even recommend it at my uni. You might be surprised at the results from doing it that way, it's a whole lot more accurate then using tape machines like they used to!

jeezus f christ people... mini jack recording ? i mean really...
just download DVD audio extractor. it can give you either a stereo file of the dvd audio, or 6 mono files for surround formats.
no degradation, no hassle with ghetto methods. just clean and crisp 24 bit 48 KHz.
(y)

jeezus f christ people... mini jack recording ? i mean really...
just download DVD audio extractor. it can give you either a stereo file of the dvd audio, or 6 mono files for surround formats.
no degradation, no hassle with ghetto methods. just clean and crisp 24 bit 48 KHz.
(y)

no hassle with ghetto methods lol

for web based samples say off youtube, i use a program called Irecord(mac) then i load it up in recycle then to esx24(logic) or edit straight in audio.

but i rarely use samples inless its a drum break

Back
Top Bottom