whats the best movie sample youve heard on a track?

it was just a trailer wasn't it? I thought the film never got done
Definitely a movie and a what a great movie!

I'm not saying its the greatest movie sample ever but this crept into my head.
Great tune especially for the end of a sunday evening.

a lot of the old Camo & Krooked ones!
Dakota (Matrix)
Blow (To Have and Have Not)
Feel Your Pulse (Earth Vs The Flying Saucers)
Life Moves Fast (Ferris Buellers day off)
Lost Heaven (The Prophecy)

And Machete was just a standalone trailer but a movie was made a bit after. (Kinda shit though tbh)

this is a quote from a film

Last edited by a moderator:
what tune has this sample?

Sigma - El Presidente VIP.....bigggg

Can anyone tell me, not sure if its a film, where the sample at the beginning of Friction - Third Degree Gurns is from? 'I'm sorry boys but there ain't gonna be a sequel to this one!' One of my favorite samples

Sigma - El Presidente VIP.....bigggg

Can anyone tell me, not sure if its a film, where the sample at the beginning of Friction - Third Degree Gurns is from? 'I'm sorry boys but there ain't gonna be a sequel to this one!' One of my favorite samples

[video=youtube_share;e2rxy0xeRA8]http://youtu.be/e2rxy0xeRA8?t=1h20m10s[/video]

@ 1:20:10

a lot of the old Camo & Krooked ones!
Dakota (Matrix)
Blow (To Have and Have Not)
Feel Your Pulse (Earth Vs The Flying Saucers)
Life Moves Fast (Ferris Buellers day off)
Lost Heaven (The Prophecy)

And Machete was just a standalone trailer but a movie was made a bit after. (Kinda shit though tbh)

Dis. The one from No Soul is so sick as well. Don't know what film it's from but just fits so well!

Pendululum - Through The Loop (taken from Willy Wonka)

Noisia - Cannonball (taken from Anchorman)

Was also watching Terminator Salvation last night, and SPY sampled the beginning of By Your Side using Danny Elfman's woodwind composition during the scene where the guy from Avatar gives his heart to John Connorrrr

Total Science & Baron - Monkey See, Monkey Do - sample at the start from Long Good Friday

Ed Rush & Optical - Snaggletooth - sample in the middle breakdown from Sin City

S.P.Y & Kasra - Surface / Control...both sampling first season of Dexter.
Also not so long ago while watching Grey's Anathomy I found out Hybrid Minds apparently liked the soundtrack, so they've sampled Cinematic Orchestra's To Build A Home for their first big tune (The Place, at the time as Sensa & Haste) and another song which I can't recall its name for Summer Rain :)

And I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Bladerunner's Spartan Law yet, obvious one.

Pretty sure someone mentioned time ago that the sample in Turbulence is from the Street Fighter animated movie. Not sure exactly where it is & from which video that is on youboob.

Hazard - All The Way & Bladerunner - Back To The Jungle are both sampled from Apocalypse Now

also, Soulpride - Mule + PA & Origin - Krazy Ideas both use the same sample from A Fist Full Of Dollars, below at 1:12

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/deck
http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=MHERTZ003

Back
Top Bottom