What's Happened To DOA!!!

Why hasn't somebody made a gif of Fresh destroying DOA in that pop trap video he did for Kick Ass 2? Motherfuckers fallin off.

Hello Dogs,

Brian here ..

We're just sending this email out to give you guys a quick update on what's
happening.

About 10am EST on the 23rd the contract with our network host and developers
was cancelled as the performance of our site has not been satisfactory for some
time... We were hoping to have the site migrated within 24 hours, however we
have not been able to find a suitable alternative for our needs, or that satisfied
the needs of our users (you) who make the site what it is and deserve better.

Therefore we've had to make some tough decisions. Dogs on Acid will be
returning shortly, with faster page loads and improved service all round, but
(for the moment) it will only be available to UK Dogs... We are deeply regretful
to all our international members however the site had become impractical to
run and maintain in its former state.

For any of you who have questions simply reply to this email and we will get
back to
you as soon as possible.

Thanks dogs for bearing with us and being so patient

Brian Peace & The Dogs On Acid Staff

Site's been a disaster ever since the infamous "upgrade" a couple of years ago when they tried redesigning the site & forum and it was offline for weeks and then when it finally came back nothing worked properly anymore, people couldn't login, search, loading threads took literally 2 minutes, etc. It's never to this day ever worked as well as it did before that terrible upgrade. All the old regulars left, the forum was completely unusable, and it's been a graveyard ever since.

Back in the day it was insane how busy that site was. For those of you who weren't around in its heyday, if you replied to a topic, by the time it took to reload the forum (a few seconds) your reply to the topic would already be on Page 2 of the forum, there were that many people replying to various topics all at the same time. It was crazy.

Last I heard they were at 30hz. Can't be arsed with it, when it's not the original place it's not as fun to take the piss out of everything.

That place is gonna become some cancerous EDM forum with a generic name like mixspace and a "we welcome all electronic music" slogan

"Do you prefer Electronic music or House music", fail

That place is gonna become some cancerous EDM forum with a generic name like mixspace and a "we welcome all electronic music" slogan

exactly what i thought when i entered. That being said, theres a lot of OG's coming back, so there should be a few legit threads popping up soon.

"Mixcloud?"
"No, Mixspace"
"Myspace??"
"No, Mixspace"
"huh???"

I personally would have grabbed www.dnbmoanandgif.com, that really captures the spirit of DOA.

Funny that he bought the database when he was never a poster. I dont think much will change its not going to become an EDM forum thats for sure. Music threads are few are far between anyway.

Was chatting to him the other day and he only lives round the corner from me, i more than likely know him but didnt want to start quizzing him. :coffee:

You wait,

There will be a "What DAW does Avicii use?" thread in no time

- - - Updated - - -

"How can I get my retro electro beeps to sound like Madeons?"

As opposed to being a cancerous DNB forum with a generic name like... 'dnbforum'?

Anyway, looks like he's bringing back the Dogs On Acid name: http://i.imgur.com/DuzA1c9.png, they had a poll up of whether to keep mixspace or go back to DOA. Results were pretty close actually, DOA only just won.

Site runs like butta too so I wish Vexus all the best.

Back
Top Bottom