VALVE DJ & MC - NATIONWIDE COMPETITION

To get proper regular bookings at decent events and get anywhere properly you need to be making tunes...
There's 1000's of great DJs out there but i wouldn't waste time on competitions - get in the studio and get on the beats.

I've been working on tunes for quite a few years now and sending them to the right people & I'm just starting to get decent bookings... Random Concept in Brisol on oct 3rd, and just awaiting RAndom Concept NYE Bournemouth and One Nation NYE @ NEC - it's been a slog but keep at it and it'll pay off eventually.

To get proper regular bookings at decent events and get anywhere properly you need to be making tunes...

Iv been thinking about this alot myself recentley, didnt really think it was true, but cheers for the heads up
n congratuations on doin RC
surely theres DJs whom just get famous from DJin without havin to produce???

its true, u look at any line up for the big events like RC , One Nation, Breakin Science ect

All DJs that are on the line up have produced at some point or are mainly producers

Its only way to get really noticed

Im certainly not taking anything away from people who just want to enter for a crack but I've been around a bit and the reality is you need to make tunes & get recognition from them to make a career in DJing.

There's lots of small nights at local clubs that you might get a few gigs at but if your goal is to play at the cream of Dnb partys like RC, 1n etc you need to produce music. It's long but if you're into them that's the best way. :)

To get proper regular bookings at decent events and get anywhere properly you need to be making tunes..

That's not entirely true.
This is in my situation... i haven't release any tracks but i get booked regually up and down the country and over europe playing at big events.

I see your point in a way, having the tracks under your belt with help you advance massively. (if your making good quality tracks, on a solid label and are selling units)

But the way you narrowed it down i dont agree with at all.

Its pretty fucking shit thats they way you have to Breakthrough as a dj, is to have put tracks out..
Producers who can make wicked tracks, but then there booked to come play at a rave and its just bait mixing for an hour

When i used to go to clubs as a raver i used to love raving to a dj who was mixing it up, doing cool stuff , not just playing tunes off one label or the sister labels caining one sound that is happening loads now

There's lots of small nights at local clubs that you might get a few gigs at but if your goal is to play at the cream of Dnb partys like RC, 1n etc you need to produce music. It's long but if you're into them that's the best way. :)

:rinsed:

That's not entirely true.
This is in my situation... i haven't release any tracks but i get booked regually up and down the country and over europe playing at big events.

I see your point in a way, having the tracks under your belt with help you advance massively. (if your making good quality tracks, on a solid label and are selling units)

But the way you narrowed it down i dont agree with at all.

Its pretty fucking shit thats they way you have to Breakthrough as a dj, is to have put tracks out..
Producers who can make wicked tracks, but then there booked to come play at a rave and its just bait mixing for an hour

When i used to go to clubs as a raver i used to love raving to a dj who was mixing it up, doing cool stuff , not just playing tunes off one label or the sister labels caining one sound that is happening loads now

:rinsed:

You won a previous competition fair & square which probably helped so fair play to you if you are getting bookings man.
Even though a DJ might have regular gigs here and there its hard to get on a flyer of one of the big boys in DnB like 1n, Breakin Science, Random Concept, Innovation etc unless you produce or otherwise.

I have mixed thoughts though...

Saying that alot of the producers that get loads of bookings at big events cant mix for toffee and think being able to beatmatch for 5 seconds is what its all about. There's so much more to DJing than that. Whereas shit hot DJs who do not produce don't get a look in...

I suppose there has to be some sort of unwritten rule that sorts the men from the boys so to speak. Otherwise everyone would be at it.

All i know is that promoters are only interested in making money and putting on good parties and they want people that are going to contribute to them achieving that by pulling in the crowds.

I wish you all the success and keep doing what your doing because its obviously working for you mate. :D

basically DJing wouldnt exist without the tunes and the tunes wouldn't exist without the DJing.

Coincidentally two of the 'best' DJs in the scene are also the people who run the 'best' labels.

I am going to enter this

So 30 mins and it doesn't have to be video...because I don't know how to that...which means I can actually enter a competiton at last!

:)

Good Good

might enter my dnbforum round 2 comp mix in there, seeing as it beat you once. don't see why it wouldn't again :clown:

This twat told me the deadline was midnight yesterday. so i just rushed the mix

but im pretty sure u can still enter mixes now

CUNT

Ive not entered the DJ comp but I did the mix for my mate MC Eddie P who has entered the MC competition.
Hes actually a sick MC and quite different from a lot of the MCs atm. If you fancy a listen, the mix isnt too far from the top of the list, Id like to know what people think.

This twat told me the deadline was midnight yesterday. so i just rushed the mix....

but im pretty sure u can still enter mixes now

CUNT

Back
Top Bottom