VALVE DJ & MC - NATIONWIDE COMPETITION

doesn't seem to wana let me upload my mix....
does it need to be a certain kpbs to be able to upload or something??

was thinking of uploading the first round one but i wasn't overly happy with it as a whole really.
2nd one came out a lot better.

every time i try to upload it just trips out/or fails :rinsed: done it about 4 times now.

guna give it one more boot and that'll be it.

you know what. i'm just glad i don't give a shit anymore. there was a time when i thought i was fucking amazing and everyone told me i was fucking amazing and the only thing important to me was being fucking amazing. but the truth is... being fucking amazing doesn't mean shit. you might win this dj comp and you might be fucking amazing, but if you don't get your own tunes out there and get down with a particular camp, you ain't ever gonna get proper recogintion for being fucking amazing. playing on the valve sound once, doesn't mean that you're gonna become a popular deejay. and maybe it's ther cynic in me, but i think this comp is being run to generate more interest in dilinja's ailing label than promote unrecognised deejay talent.

you know what. i'm just glad i don't give a shit anymore. there was a time when i thought i was fucking amazing and everyone told me i was fucking amazing and the only thing important to me was being fucking amazing. but the truth is... being fucking amazing doesn't mean shit. you might win this dj comp and you might be fucking amazing, but if you don't get your own tunes out there and get down with a particular camp, you ain't ever gonna get proper recogintion for being fucking amazing. playing on the valve sound once, doesn't mean that you're gonna become a popular deejay. and maybe it's ther cynic in me, but i think this comp is being run to generate more interest in dilinja's ailing label than promote unrecognised deejay talent.

Yeh very true but I think a lot of people who entered probably know this.. I entered just for a bit of fun really.. would be nice to have a go on the valve system and get a few dubs cut. And yeh of course they just doin it to promote the label thats what most big comps like this are for I'd have thought?

Yeh very true but I think a lot of people who entered probably know this.. I entered just for a bit of fun really.. would be nice to have a go on the valve system and get a few dubs cut. And yeh of course they just doin it to promote the label thats what most big comps like this are for I'd have thought?

maybe...

but what subsonicdeejay said is right. no deejay has a chance to become big on his talents unless he produces. a shit deejay can make more money from being a good producer than a good deejay can from being a shit producer. thats just the way of the scene

Im certainly not taking anything away from people who just want to enter for a crack but I've been around a bit and the reality is you need to make tunes & get recognition from them to make a career in DJing.

There's lots of small nights at local clubs that you might get a few gigs at but if your goal is to play at the cream of Dnb partys like RC, 1n etc you need to produce music. It's long but if you're into them that's the best way. :)

obviously it can be done (i.e. grooverider) but these days producing is a much faster route to high profile gigs. plus, if you produce the hot shit, you always have the hot shit no one else has...

Agreed safety. 100%
just wanted to stick a mix out there for the fun of it really. Got no delusions bout winning/becomming a wickedist superstar dj (as I am already) I don't need a competition to tell me what I already know.
End of the day, it's going to come down to how many friends you got on myspace and facebook who are willing to vote for you.

On the flip side, I think it's good that they're offering chances like this these days. Shows they're not totally out of touch with then punters.
Simplesk.

Back
Top Bottom