The rise of Dubstep..

E

Esstie

I was looking at the lineup for my local drum and bass awards (south west uk) when I saw that their is now a dubstep section added for this year..

Apparently 'Skillex' will also be playing (I really can't bloody stand anything by him or that sort of 'electronic heavy metal')

Why is our genre being linked to this rubbish that has been around for about 3 / 4 years at best.... ? I mean a few like Rusko and Nero kinda get it right but as I just said most of it is just samples of songs which break down into awful chaos

I HATE it! Just music for 16 year old kids and their stupid over 16 clubnights if you ask me.

Sorry I just had to rant at this. Get it the fuck away from drum and bass please!

there is a lot of good dubstep around to be fair, just have to look in the right places.

unfortunately promoters know that the screechy shite draws a crowd (god knows why) and to boost numbers at their nights as well as putting on dnb acts that you like, they chuck in a few like skrillex (who's music is beyond abominable frankly) to up their profits...

IMO Kryptic Minds are making some really good at the moment.
Their Dubstep tracks can stand up to any D&B track on terms of production and arrangement.

Skrillex is a talented producer but makes awful music. Its the same as whoever writes those high school musical tracks, they are well written but they are also shit IMO.

There is so much good dubstep around. Quit ya bitching and just enjoy the night! ;)

Who cares if dubstep if associated with drum and bass. It derives from uk culture so it's all good, if you said they that they have added a yodelling section to the dnb awards then that would be a different matter..

Posh step for the win

I think im w/ TC on this one. I can't stand how dubstep is associated with dnb, especially since not enough people can tell the difference be/ shit dubstep n the good stuff really.

Maybe it's just because I'm in the US, but everytime I mention that im into dnb, people will either name drop a dubstep producer, or start talkin bout some dubstep night that they went to. :shake: Although I'm sure people here have run into the like in the UK as well.

Why is our genre being linked to this rubbish that has been around for about 3 / 4 years at best....
Get it the fuck away from drum and bass please!

I got a similar story dude.
I went to HMV looking for some killer Martial Arts films - and they only gone and put a load of Animee films in that section.
WTF Martial arts has been out for years and why put crappy animee films in that section.
Proper pissed off i tells u.

But i dont listen to dubstep. or watch animee.
lol

i like dubstep but i am really specific and only into the really deep stuff that is emotional and underground like chase and status and nero

I mean a few like Rusko and Nero kinda get it right !

How can you say that you don't like Skrillex and then say Rusko kind of gets it right? Rusko pretty much started this shit fest of WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP high pitched ear ache dubstep and Nero has not helped matters in the slightest if anything he's made it worse, there is way better dubstep out there than what this lot are producing.

Last edited:
nero is two people, they started off well and liked the money too much, same as anyone, but could you really say you wouldnt act any different? they are good producers though

How can you say that you don't like Skrillex and then say Rusko kind of gets it right? Rusko pretty much started this shit fest of WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP high pitched ear ache dubstep and Nero has not helped matters in the slightest if anything he's made it worse, there is way better dubstep out there than what these two are producing.

I was just about to post this ;D

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

..and liked the money too much, same as anyone, but could you really say you wouldnt act any different?

Would you produce shit music you don´t like? For the money?

nero is two people, they started off well and liked the money too much, same as anyone, but could you really say you wouldnt act any different? they are good producers though

this chase and status argument gets regurgitated every time somebody starts making really shit music

Back
Top Bottom