Drum & Bass The Long Rhode

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Skuff, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Had a spare couple of hours today, so popped into the studio and came up with this.. Back on a more musical liquid tip.. This is pretty much where i'm at at the moment so all comments, feedback and suggestions welcomed and appreciated

2. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Love the vibe on this man deffo finish it!

3. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

Love the ideas here, a real gem to listen to. I reckon the piano but (not the rhodes) sounds a bit dry, maybe try layer another electric piano behind it or something, just to give it a bit more space... perhaps more reverb or delay. Also I think the first bass note is too 'boomy' compared to the lower ones which follow, like I can barely hear the lower note even though the first really booms on my system. You could maybe automate the volume to drop down for that note, or perhaps use some EQ on it to take out some resonance.

Vocals are a nice touch, its a feel good tune really and I love all the sounds, try and add some more pads or something to try and fill it out. Beat is good too I wouldnt really change it. Lot of potential!

4. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Cheers guys.. I was thinking the same about the piano chords (Made them with the Alicia's Key's Kontact pack) (What a waste of money btw), but didn't really get time today.. I did add a lot of reverb and delay to them, and filtered them, but just couldn't get that 'sound' i was after.. Good idea to layer it though, ive got some nice old vst's that will hopefully do the trick.. Bass sounded fine on my system, but ill def check again..