S.P.Y. on 1xtra

Yeah sounds Ghost Ridery, if he is exclusively on Hospital gonna miss all the CIA collabs. Can't go wrong with Total Science and Spy.
I wouldn't write collabs with Total Science off... Half of Total Science used to be signed to Hospital (Q-Project) and Hospital have put out Total Science tunes before, like on the first Sick Music and on Weapons of Mass Creation 2.

sorry dude and with all due respect. but this kinda thing is what makes the difference from a producer and someone like you. producers just do what sounds best, and not what hasnt been used.

you wont come far with this attitude..

I don't feel a sense of achievement if I use the same sounds in tunes. I have a different mentality to most people as far as making music is concerned.

I see music as art, when I'm creating a track I imagine myself creating a picture. I like to start with a blank canvas.
I dunno how to explain it but you rarely see an artist create two pieces that have the same elements.

Whenever I'm working on something it isn't strictly a track. I can spend a month just creating drum hits either from scratch or layering and processing one shots.

I don't feel a sense of achievement if I use the same sounds in tunes. I have a different mentality to most people as far as making music is concerned.

I see music as art, when I'm creating a track I imagine myself creating a picture. I like to start with a blank canvas.
I dunno how to explain it but you rarely see an artist create two pieces that have the same elements.

Whenever I'm working on something it isn't strictly a track. I can spend a month just creating drum hits either from scratch or layering and processing one shots.

Not entirely true, how many times did andy warhole use Marilyn Monroes face in his art

http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?si...n&spell=1&ei=6zooT-ChFIzJjQeJUw&ved=0CBMQBSgA

And look how he applys the same technique to each art piece

http://livelearnloveleave.com/design/top-20-andy-warhol-paintings/

Sorry to butt in lol but just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Damn, hate to think how long it takes for you to finish a track!!

i think what sam is trying to say is that artists dont have previous works in mind when making a new piece

Damn, hate to think how long it takes for you to finish a track!!

It does take a while but I'm not the sort of person who creates 4 bars of music then copies and pastes it then add some subtle differences.
Everyone has a different approach to making music. I'd rather spend 3 months on one track rather than try and create 40 track in that time.

I know I may seem like an arrogant cunt when I voice my opinion about things like this but I'm far from it. I'm just sick of hearing people re use the same sounds over and over again.

i think what sam is trying to say is that artists dont have previous works in mind when making a new piece

they do. otherwise thered be no point in going to art school or learning to paint ... theres the same techniques used over and over and over and over and over and over ...

and sam, i understand what youre saying and ive been the same. but with age comes knowledge imo - and reusing sounds is FAAAAR from bad or anything else. and someday you will get over your own shadow and just do it - and you know why? because it just makes more sense. this one day you WILL have the tune which will only sound good with that bass you used in your last tune - and you will do it. from then on your point of view will be different.

and you will have learned A LOT till that day, so just do whatever you like and become good at that ;)

they do. otherwise thered be no point in going to art school or learning to paint ... theres the same techniques used over and over and over and over and over and over ...

and sam, i understand what youre saying and ive been the same. but with age comes knowledge imo - and reusing sounds is FAAAAR from bad or anything else. and someday you will get over your own shadow and just do it - and you know why? because it just makes more sense. this one day you WILL have the tune which will only sound good with that bass you used in your last tune - and you will do it. from then on your point of view will be different.

and you will have learned A LOT till that day, so just do whatever you like and become good at that ;)

So sayeth the wise sage Groelle. :word:

Back
Top Bottom