Recommended Specs for Computers

MDCNMN

I'm looking into building a beast of a tower and was wondering if anybody could recommend sound cards and other important pieces like processing power etc. I'd like to stay on PC and maybe even exclusively ASUS gear

I'm not an expert on this but they say you need at least about 8gb of RAM (though I just about get by with 4). In terms of sound cards you're better off with an external interface so the actual built-in soundcard doesn't matter that much. I can't help much more than that because I'm rubbish with computers haha

Any modern pc with a quad core and 8> GB of RAM will be more than sufficient for your audio gaming

as others have said, go with a gaming spec pc, just don't need a powerful graphics card, so spend a little extra on your processor instead!

let me before more specific, you could buy any old GPU from 2010 or even earlier and it would be more than powerful enough for what input it has. Search online and you will see how insignificant it is.

If you're buying a newish motherboard the onboard graphics will more than cope with Production related tasks, if you want more monitors... then you will need dedicated GPUs. buying a powerful graphics card is a complete waste of money for production.

I didn't have a dedicated GPU for over a year before i decided i wanted to get back into PC games, no noticable performance difference

Back
Top Bottom