My Traktor S4 went for a swim in beer.. so DDJ SZ vs DDJ SX2 vs ????

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by xiris, Oct 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. xiris

xiris Constantly Learning

So as the title suggests, its time to move on to a new setup. I've been cruising our music shops and really like the look of the SX2. I'm wondering if anyone here has one/has experience with one, and how you feel it compares to playing on a "proper" set of CDJs and a mixer.

I primarily DJ d&b but I do also occasionally play house dub step etc.. and (especially for house) id like to have some sort of effects capabilities.. hence my favouring of getting a new controller.

Also, from what I understand the SZ has 2 audio cards, bigger jog wheels, fewer effects and double the price tag. If anyone (and I know this is a long shot) has experience on both controllers I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Cheers!

2. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Get to a local DV shop and try some out maybs? Gotta be loads of outlets in toronto shirley?

3. xiris

xiris Constantly Learning

yup, tons of places here in Toronto, been cruising through checking out what they all got available.
    Haven't been able to find a shop yet with the SZ set up to demo.
    played around on the SX2 and really enjoyed it, its a cool tool.
    Looking to see if anyone's got a SZ and how they find it vs. CDJs/SX2 (realizing an A/B of the SZ vs SX2 is a long shot)