Outlook 2012

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Cat Gas, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

Rar. whos going and anyone went for last year shed some light on some decent hostels to stay in? I don't think i'll be camping cause i'm a pussy and like to have a shower.

2. dj_merlin

dj_merlin Active Member

Definitely keen to go, but dont have the money for the ticket just yet. I read that it sold out in April last year so I'm probably gonna aim to sort it by March, hopefully im not too late!

Im also considering a hostel, as my mates that went last year had their tents robbed!

3. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

i have a ticket but im going to camp! people i know that went last year said any kind of accommodation that isnt camping is to far from the fort for it to be practical and loads of good vibes on the camp site i heard! anyone else go a better insight is needed.....

4. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Definitely on this this year, gutted I missed last year. Fuck camping! All about renting a house. Between 6-8 of you, it's cheap/reasonable.

I know the actual festival runs 31/08/2012 - 03/09/2012, but I've had a look and you can't actually get on their website atm www.outlookfestival.com

But it says that earlybird tickets went on sale from October 2011?! Anyone know if this is true and where I can get some from?

5. chewdiggy

chewdiggy Member

Early bird tickets sold out straight away. leedstickets.com is the website to get tickets from.

6. wowza

wowza Member

views Easily distracte

If I only do one festival this year it will be this. Last year was the best week of my life (and I was camping).

8. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

quite a few of us are heading to croatia. know quite a few mates that went last year.
    guna bag my ticket ASAP. more motive to save money etc.

not fussed about camping. heard its jokes, so will be bringing some sorta tent ha.
    interested to see a full lineup.

bring it on.

9. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

Its either this or sun and bass doe

10. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

can't miss it this year. HAVE to go was gutted i couldnt last year

11. hazdaman100

hazdaman100 Bum 'n Face

12. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

13. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

I fucking love Girl Unit- Wut!!!! Im going just to hear that.

14. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Seeing acts youve never heard of is some of what festivals are all about imo

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

and so is not having a shower! :D

15. cantlon

cantlon Member

definatly all about camping. you cant get in to the campsite until the festival starts in the evenings unless you have a camping wristband. a few mates who didnt have camping last year were constantly trying to sneak in during the daytime, or just stayed in the campsite overnight and slept on the floor. it is jokes, pure vibes, and right on the beach so defo worth it!

16. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

I went last year and stayed in the nearby village that I booked through the organisers of the event. It was amazing, stayed in the tennis camp which was basically just a few little apartments. Was only a 20 minute walk away from the festival and those 20 minutes were well worth being refreshed and clean every day! They had a fridge outside as well which was constantly full of Desperados! Spot on.

The location is utterly ridiculous. The first night the actual festival started, we walked around the whole place with our jaws open. There's something really special about raving in a moat! Best Festival location I've ever seen or heard of to be honest.

One thing I would say is book travel early! If you have a ticket, get it booked now! Direct flights are pretty hard to come by! The journey we ended up doing was fuckin' long and was not needed on the way back.

Basically what I'm saying is, if you can afford it, go. I don't think I can manage it this year which is a kick in the 'nads. By far the best Festival/Holiday I've had.

17. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

how much was it?

Also, is there definitely no toilet/shower facilities in the campsite?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  18. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

It was like 22 euros a night? So about £140 for the 7 days we stayed.

The campsite did have showers, but every time we walked passed them there were loooong queues.

That's one thing I should mention, queuing. Toilets, drinks tokens and the cash machine. There was one cash machine for the whole campsite. We queued for 2 hours just to get some dosh! Probably gonna be even worse this time around, seems to be growing each year.

19. stijnx

stijnx Member

This looks epic! Star Warz is holding a Outlook Festival Launch Party in Ghent, Belgium
    lineup:
    Friction, Ulterior Motive, Need For Mirrors, Jubei, Dub Phizix, Rido, Presha, Tasha, DRS, Lowqui, One87 & Mush and Matt Pulsar

Don't know if these names are related tho

20. DOOVD

DOOVD Member

Needs more dancefloor dnb? friciton sigma andy??? also, how often do you bump into mandy over there?