Multi Genre Official Dnbforum/Detached Audio Remix Compo NYE 2015

Turned in my remix today, figures crossed you guys like it. There's a lot of things in my track that pushed the envelope of my creative abilities but sadly and usually my production skills or lack there of, knocks the song down a peg or two.

Had some design work for a client and the missus birthday and christmas and err'ting. Finally managed to get back to this, think it's gonna be a squeeze to hit the deadline (I don't have a huge amount of free time at my computer) but fingers crossed I make it.

Turned in my remix today, figures crossed you guys like it. There's a lot of things in my track that pushed the envelope of my creative abilities but sadly and usually my production skills or lack there of, knocks the song down a peg or two.

Brilliant! Ive been messing with the stems and found this to be pretty hard creatively but i have gone for a 170 tempo. Im just feeling like ive gone too far from the original feel, regardless ill see if you guys can give me some opinons once the comps over. Im sure yours will blow mine out the water.

Had some design work for a client and the missus birthday and christmas and err'ting. Finally managed to get back to this, think it's gonna be a squeeze to hit the deadline (I don't have a huge amount of free time at my computer) but fingers crossed I make it.

Well creating a new genre like embers house takes time so... :teeth: Hopefully you make it and good luck.

Submitted mine, finally decided to leave it alone and stop messing with it

Indeed theres a thin line between overthinking a track and not doing enough. I struggle all the time with this ive found recently that putting it away fro two weeks and getting a friends opinion on launching it again allows me to clear my head and finish.

woooo i restarted again :2thumbs::teeth:
AGAIN? Holy fuck, Xiris. You better finish this. Otherwhise I'll release my army of flesh-eating lizards upon you. And this isn't even the worse part. See Ivan there? He's a commie. You know what commies do to little children, don't you? You won't want that for yourself. Or your family. Right? RIGHT? :teeth:

Layout finished. EQing 75% done. Mixdown next. Final automation tweaks. Then my attempt at some home mastering. Turd polished. I think I may just make the deadline.

AGAIN? Holy fuck, Xiris. You better finish this. Otherwhise I'll release my army of flesh-eating lizards upon you. And this isn't even the worse part. See Ivan there? He's a commie. You know what commies do to little children, don't you? You won't want that for yourself. Or your family. Right? RIGHT? :teeth:
all 3 versions are "finished" i'm just not that happy with any of em :teeth: One ended up going full orchestra and wasn't experimental at all... and this is an experimental competition... i'll upload that after we've all submitted and voted just to show you guys what i did if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom