My first time playing out and its in a mainstream club.. advice!!

what about:

danny byrd - ill behaviour

pendulum - still grey/vault etc...

sub focus - xray

adele - high contrast rmx - hometown glory

soundclash - bang bang

benny page - turn down the lights

off the top of my head

high contrast - show me love or blame - show me love

camo and krooked - numbers

camo and krooked - history of the future

shy fx - shake your body

shy fx - hold yah (gyptian remix) always goes down well

netsky - one remix

rusko - everyday (netsky remix)

rusko - hold on (subfocus remix)

brookes brothers - tear you down

brookes brothers - let you go

chase and status - blind faith (loadstar remix)

wilkinson - tonight (might work out)

at some point drop twisted individual - rusty sherrifs badge out of nowhere haha

p.s have no idea how avaliable these tracks are - im not a dj just suggesting some tracks that get played in commercial clubs that i go to!

pps would tc - tap ho mix out of kicksnare? as i said im not a dj just a suggestion!

Last edited:
always have a few easy failsafe mixes that you can rely on if needed, e.g nerves get the better of you or if the equipment/sound is shit. Also remember if you do fuk up, no-one else will take much notice and especially if its a mainstream club, its unlikely anyone will even realise!! And definitely don't plan the whole set, it will completely throw you out if you cock up :)

played around with gold dust VIP but i hate that track and although it would have the whole club singing i would like to try something different!!

just a few ideas for you mate

gold dust without the vocal is a nice tune and easy to mix in
borrowed time vip (sub focus vs TC)
original nuttah remix is perfect for this sort of gig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKvGrBL7yiA
pendulum remix of voodoo people
shock one - crucify me part 1
ghosts n stuff - sub focus remix
ready or not zinc remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjch4M2n7hs
Echoes by Hamilton

hopefully your town is full of secret d&b fans, sounds like your mates should help to create a good atmosphere if they're all dancing anyway so that's a good start, good luck fella

Back
Top Bottom