Metallica - Master Of Puppets (Pendulum Rmx)

For starters Pendulum don't hardly get played at raves any more coz the beat patterns on their tunes are too diverse and therefore hard to mix to.

Secondly, and I dont wanna start another slagging war over Pendulum but some of ya just need to listen to the tunes, instead of sayin stuff like, it's to Pendulumy - WTF!!!!

If you listen to their tunes and the way they are put together, there's no way you can't appreciate it. They are selling nuff records and for a reason, I bet all of you that cuss them constantly have pretty much got the entire Pendulum back catalogue in your vinyl collection.

Am I right??

No it's not because of the patterns of their drums being too hard to mix with because of being too diverse, not at all...

It's just that their new stuff has a different sound thats not really DnB anymore, so it wouldn't really fit well in a set of other current DnB artists...

And whilst I'm not so into their new sound personally and don't buy any of their new stuff, I have pretty much all of their older stuff which is fucking ace - Trail of 7's, Vault, Back to You, Tarantula, Another Planet...

I was into them way way back, they were great back then and I'll never say that the old stuff is shit just because the new stuff aint as hot...

I don't hate them for changing their sound though, they can do what they like, it's a free world, but my tastes just don't fit in with what they're doing now...

For starters Pendulum don't hardly get played at raves any more coz the beat patterns on their tunes are too diverse and therefore hard to mix to.

Secondly, and I dont wanna start another slagging war over Pendulum but some of ya just need to listen to the tunes, instead of sayin stuff like, it's to Pendulumy - WTF!!!!

If you listen to their tunes and the way they are put together, there's no way you can't appreciate it. They are selling nuff records and for a reason, I bet all of you that cuss them constantly have pretty much got the entire Pendulum back catalogue in your vinyl collection.

Am I right??

Wow did you actually read what I wrote or did you close your eyes and just select a random post to quote and make a comment?

Where did I say it sounded too pendulumy? I just need to listen to their tunes? I think the whole idea is that I have listened to their tunes, thats why I don't like them!

Hard to mix? I'm not even gonna bother replying to that point.

In my vinyl collection I have 0 pendulum tunes, the only one I want is Distress Signal, which hasn't been released, so no, I "cuss" them simply because its not to my liking as a listener, if you can't handle that go mix slam in to tarantula rewind it and shout BO!

I bet you're one of those kids that has every pendulum, tc and clipz tune goin, has one of those floppy fringe things and wears a pink belt.

Am I right??? (probably not, thats why i don't make assumptions.)

Last edited:
I used to be a big Pendulum fan (check my comments on this forum).

And yes I have almost all their tracks up to Propane.

But when I heard Propane I decided that they are shite.

Not because they've sold out.

But because they started making bollocks music.

Absolute fucking tosh.

Rubbish rubbish rubbish.

I'm not complaining about mixing dnb with rock but about the musical quality of the tracks. Most of all their vocals suck.

I'm also a big fan of Metallica and have everything up to St. Anger, even their random crap from Garage Days Revisited. I learnt to play guitar playing Metallica and only Metallica. I bought an electric guitar to play Enter Sandman.

This Pendulum 'version' is fucking atrocious. I would be ashamed to play a cover of Master of Puppets this bad. I definitely would not make a 174bpm version of Master of Puppets by speeding the track up and adding fucking flanger vocals. I might have made a track with amens combined with riffed guitars and a pounding jungle bass. Not this shite. And I'm not complaining about this crap not being dnb because its simple shite music. Oh and I like the Voodoo People remix.

Both ruin a good track but pendulums is worse (alot worse not because its pendulum just because its fucking bollocks' OK!)

Am I right??

It is too Pendulumy... Every song from Hold Your Colour onwards seems to have this distinct sound, it's either that annoying mid-range that sounds like a space-age trumpet or their overly produced drums, and I'm all for good production, but I find their sound almost too clean, there's no rawness to it.

I still appreciate a couple of songs off Hold Your Colour and some of their old stuff, but this new rock crossover stuff is shite, it's hard to pull off chord progressions in dance music without sounding cheesey...

I don't really like it very much. I was listening on youtube and I'm sure the crap sound quality didn't help but I was expecting it to drop or get interesting or simple 'better' and then it just ended abruptly, I feel cheated. :(

I'd much rather just listen to the original or S&M versions!

yeah im not a fan of that tune at all :(

I love Metallica so, well you know

I can understand how someone could like this if they'd never heard the original, but if you're a metallica fan this shit makes you sick to your stomach

hehe, watch your mouth son, this song is way better than the original, I have two of metallicas albums, I'm a fan and I love this song, just be careful what you say when you bash other people's work. kay... ^^ my friend showed me the song, I went looking for a download, and I found it of course, but I was skeptical, the song is all together, something I'm putting onto GH5, it's soo, kewls! ^^ the vocals where a wierd change but didn't take away from it, the rest is just perfect, I don't think you can improve on this song...

hehe, watch your mouth son, this song is way better than the original, I have two of metallicas albums, I'm a fan and I love this song, just be careful what you say when you bash other people's work. kay... ^^ my friend showed me the song, I went looking for a download, and I found it of course, but I was skeptical, the song is all together, something I'm putting onto GH5, it's soo, kewls! ^^ the vocals where a wierd change but didn't take away from it, the rest is just perfect, I don't think you can improve on this song...

Do you not mean fingers seeing as he's typing?

Back
Top Bottom