Icicle Sample Pack?

Don't have it, but I want it. Icicle is a fucking awesome producer.

i didnt realise there was a new one. i wouldnt even question god after listening to the demo.. get that shit and make some beats!

anyone aiming to get signed one day .. don't even look at it!
everyone else creating dnb tunes just for FUUUUUN .. GET IT!! :drums::devilslay

Think you'd also be surprised as to how many sample packs are created by established producers big in the game.
Quite often the producer either chooses not to reveal their names on their sample packs or the sample pack company itself doesn't reveal who has made it due to other competitors trying to source those artists for their own packs.
Just because it's got a big name on it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good pack and other packs shouldn't be discredited because they doesn't have a producer's name on it.

Last edited:
Think you'd also be surprised as to how many sample packs are created by established producers big in the game.
Quite often the producer either chooses not to reveal their names on their sample packs or the sample pack company itself doesn't reveal who has made it due to other competitors trying to use source those artists for their own packs.
Just because it's got a big name on it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good pack and other packs shouldn't be discredited because they doesn't have a producer's name on it.

you are right on that .. but that was not the point.
the point is most serious labels press the stop button on your demo once they hear a sample from shop library .. ;)

you are right on that .. but that was not the point.
the point is most serious labels press the stop button on your demo once they hear a sample from shop library .. ;)

No they don't. I've heard plently of tunes on respected labels from producers that absolutely rinse sample packs.
Record labels don't give a monkeys as to what sample pack you use - the quality of the tune is far more important from a label's perspective and whether it's got a good vibe & been engineered to a good standard.

No they don't. I've heard plently of tunes on respected labels from producers that absolutely rinse sample packs. Record labels don't give a monkeys as to what sample pack you use - the quality of the tune is far more important from a label's perspective and whether it's got a good vibe & been engineered to a good standard.
Really? I doubt it! Labels would cut into their own flesh signing producers using too many samples because IT'S NOT ORIGINAL !!
I give one example: Tony @Hospital emphasises in very artist interview (i.e. on the podcast) NOT to use any purchased samples and to make your own instead.

If you know better pls give examples with artist/record, label, sample, sampler library you found being released on serious labels ..
PS: I agree good vibe & sound quality are also very important, but use of purchased samples is a no-go for most labels.

Really? I doubt it! Labels would cut into their own flesh signing producers using too many samples because IT'S NOT ORIGINAL !!

How can you say that? What about remixes? Labels literally ask someone to make a track from their own samples. You keep championing the word "original" on this forum but I don't think you know what it means. Lol if you think hospital artists (or any other label) don't use samples from packs. There are plenty of examples where songs are clearly similar with already released stuff but they are signed by the big record labels anyway.

Music should be about making good music. Not about questioning people where their sounds came from (as long as they aren't illegal samples obvs).

Back to the thread topic, I would buy anything Icicle puts out since he's a sick sound designer.

How can you say that? What about remixes? Labels literally ask someone to make a track from their own samples. You keep championing the word "original" on this forum but I don't think you know what it means. Lol if you think hospital artists (or any other label) don't use samples from packs. There are plenty of examples where songs are clearly similar with already released stuff but they are signed by the big record labels anyway.
dude, you hitting quite hard, for what reason?

remixes are a different shoe than first releases, and no newcomer gets signed for doing a remix.
labels ask well-known producers to remix tracks, yes, absolutely, but definitely not to anybody having not released anything yet.
and, obviously is buying a sample pack + using its samples for an original track something very different than getting stems to produce a remix !!
i think the lol is on my side .. if you don't believe that give call to Hospital Rec, ask them if they would sign a track using samples from loopmasters :D
i'm not saying there is no music out there using samples ... what i'm saying is that most serious labels preach anywhere they can to make YOUR OWN samples.
and yes, there is lots of similar music out there .. but sounding similar and using a sample from a pack is a different topic ..

Last edited:
Music should be about making good music. Not about questioning people where their sounds came from (as long as they aren't illegal samples obvs).
Back to the thread topic, I would buy anything Icicle puts out since he's a sick sound designer.
i fully agree, never said anything different.
and, i'm also a big admirer of icicle's sound, so i'm intrigued to get this sample packs, too.
i'm only saying icicle himself wouldn't be as popular in the scene if he would use samples from packs ...
he is famous because he's making his OWN samples, and that pretty well ;)
see my first comment again ..

i think the lol is on my side .. if you don't believe that give call to Hospital Rec, ask them if they would sign a track using samples from loopmasters :D
i'm not saying there is no music out there using samples ... what i'm saying is that most serious labels preach anywhere they can to make YOUR OWN samples.
and yes, there is lots of similar music out there .. but sounding similar and using a sample from a pack is a different topic ..

I completely agree with Kyba. Are you seriously saying, for example, that I should go and record all of my own piano samples to use in my tunes? Or perhaps that everyone should own a Virus synth and create their own 'original' bass samples in order to get tunes signed to a label?

Don't be daft - sample packs are one of the best resources out there for electronic music producers and I'm 100% certain there's loads of tracks signed to Hospital Records that contain Loopmasters samples.

Originality comes from those who can manipulate the samples in the right way & make good music from it.
I know this is off-topic to this particular thread but I do feel you're misguided here and I would urge you to try and explore sample packs of all kinds and use them for creativity. Even Icicle uses a lot of sample packs, I can assure you of that.

I completely agree with Kyba. Are you seriously saying, for example, that I should go and record all of my own piano samples to use in my tunes? Or perhaps that everyone should own a Virus synth and create their own 'original' bass samples in order to get tunes signed to a label?
Don't be daft - sample packs are one of the best resources out there for electronic music producers and I'm 100% certain there's loads of tracks signed to Hospital Records that contain Loopmasters samples.
Originality comes from those who can manipulate the samples in the right way & make good music from it.
I know this is off-topic to this particular thread but I do feel you're misguided here and I would urge you to try and explore sample packs of all kinds and use them for creativity. Even Icicle uses a lot of sample packs, I can assure you of that.
well, I agree to what you say about manipulating samples and using as source of creativity .. I never said anything against that.
but your comment "you're misguided here" is something I cannot agree to, because i'm just repeating what label owners and well-known producers say .. check tony colman, keeno and reso interviews, they all say: MAKE YOUR OWN SAMPLES. just 3 examples of many who openly say this. so, i'm not sure who is misguided here :D and don't call me daft for being honest and straight forward.
i'm not against use of samples in general .. as I said above "
everyone else creating dnb tunes just for FUUUUUN .. GET IT!!" :drums::devilslay
that includes myself and if you believe or not, I do own quite a few sample packs across various genres.
PS: pls give an example of icicle using purchased samples in one of his tracks, would be interesting to know .. :)

Last edited:
I give one example: Tony @Hospital emphasises in very artist interview (i.e. on the podcast) NOT to use any purchased samples and to make your own instead.
If you know better pls give examples with artist/record, label, sample, sampler library you found being released on serious labels ..
PS: I agree good vibe & sound quality are also very important, but use of purchased samples is a no-go for most labels.

That drum fill at 42 seconds has been lifted straight out of the Villem sample pack, with virtually no processing. So obviously Tony does sign tracks with samples in them. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all.

Frankly I can't believe you actually think that established producers can't make original sounding tracks with sample packs. I'm clearly not going to convince you otherwise so I'm going to leave it there lol, obviously you are entitlted to your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom