HOW TO BASSLINE Thread

Re: DIRTY BASSLINES EXCHANGE THREAD + HOW2!

"Swarping bass notes"

er... example?

you program sounds using VST synth's like Massive or Albino. Look into them. Have you thought about buying a synthesizer if your planning on playing in real time?

I was hoping to Program the sounds into a sampler for playing real time... like mpc pads

ok, well give us an example of these 'swarping bass notes', and then me or somebody else will have a clearer idea of the sound you want to be programming.

I'm not too familiar with the mpc's, having never owned one, however I used to own a Kaoss pad which had sample pads on it. You'd save samples to an SD card as wavs and load them on, so presuming mpc's are the same, you'd first have to program youre bass sound either on hardware or software, record the note you want then export it as a wav and whack it into the sampler.

Do you have any software at all?

yeah the sampler im getting has sd memory.. I dont have any software as of now.. I was looking on advice on software...
the sounds im looking for are acustom to most dnb music.. i will Dieselboy...for example.. The agressive LOW swamping bass lines "womp wWOMp womp WOOmp WOomp" lol ect.... also the bass that sounds like a plane goin down... lol sorry for these sorry examples .. rofl

haha right ok I get you, pretty standard dnb sounds then. Ok well you'd have to get yourself a host software like Cubase or Logic for example and then get yourself a good softsynth like Massive and then using a midi keyboard you would be able to control and play the sounds within the software and alter, edit and create your own. To be honest, its a pretty long and expensive way to go if you only want to use these sounds for sampling live, however if you want to start production as well then I'd suggest you look into softwares more to see which ones stand out to you. If you do only want the sounds to sample live then have you considered downloading dnb bass samples? have a listen to some of these samples http://www.looperman.com/loops.php?...o=7&ord=date&dir=DESC&Search=Search+For+Loops

:lol:Ok,trick question:how do you make The Panacea style synth arps.Those high pitched...beasts.How do you make 'em?
For example:

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol:Ok,trick question:how do you make The Panacea style synth arps.Those high pitched...beasts.How do you make 'em?
For example:

Seems simple to make to me. Any wave pitched up, with portamento should get you there eventually. Cycle thru waves on 3x osc and you will find it

The main bass.Any ideas?I think I heard some phasing going on too at some point.
And...by the way,is that a sample or something at 7:07-:08;I dunno why I have the feeling that I've heard it 1000 times before.

Right so ive been playing around with the envelope controlled filters in z3ta+ the last couple of days and have been coming up with some amazing bass sounds. I really would like to create the wah wah wah sound that is used in a lot of jumpup. anyone able to help with a starting point ie, what oscilators to start with and then how the envelopes should be set? thanks in advance

well.. tried fooling around in massive for some reese-kinda like bass, and what i got is this:
Just starting out with everything, how am i doing? not entirly sure if this is good or anything, but if it is let me know, and i'll tell what i have done to make it :]

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymg2t2gkxnd

anyone got any tips to make the kinda basslines s.p.y. and jubei do the kinda metallic hollow metalheadz sound is it possible in reason been trying everything i can think of in thor

anyone got any tips to make the kinda basslines s.p.y. and jubei do the kinda metallic hollow metalheadz sound is it possible in reason been trying everything i can think of in thor

Try this one, if this is what you mean :] never really listened to spy and jubei... so not exactly sure what you mean, but imo these sound kinda "metalish" or im mis-understanding you :]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cQ0Fvc0lqA

(Not in reason tho, in Massive VST with Guitar Rig)

Try this one, if this is what you mean :] never really listened to spy and jubei... so not exactly sure what you mean, but imo these sound kinda "metalish" or im mis-understanding you :]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cQ0Fvc0lqA

(Not in reason tho, in Massive VST with Guitar Rig)

yeah safe thats getting there that videos def helpful something more like 1:50 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9KmMbz4cTk
this is a horrendously basic question but i only ever use reason is massive a standalone program or something that opens up in logic

yeah safe thats getting there that videos def helpful something more like 1:50 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9KmMbz4cTk
this is a horrendously basic question but i only ever use reason is massive a standalone program or something that opens up in logic

aah, im getting the idea yes, sounds a bit like
Also, Massive is a VST, you can install it as stand-alone, but also as a plugin which opens up in logic, or any D.A.W. you can work with.
Not sure how to make the sound... sounds like a sine with a sawtooth over it? Just taking a guess... thats what i would try first :] else i'd just fiddle around till i'd get something near.

Slip Away Bassline

This is a bassline I've been working on lately. Made it with the Sylenth1 VSTi.
I used a cream filter I think, and routed the cutoff button of this filter to my midi controller so I can adjust it while playing notes.

I'm still trying to make a pitch bendy bass in z3ta+. I prefer it over Massive anyday. Can anyone tell me how?

AGREEED
hit me up if you find how!!

There is a microkork patch just like it, if you don't have one, it would take a while for me to explain/find out and maybe with motivation of another person wanting to find out. :P

There is a microkork patch just like it, if you don't have one, it would take a while for me to explain/find out and maybe with motivation of another person wanting to find out. :P

oooooooh , i don't have a microkorg unfortunately , what patch is it btw?

im guessing its some kind of bass with a filter modulation to give it that bubble effect , would you be able to explain massive wise if you ever did a tutorial?

do you mind if i make a new thread for people who are interested :D?

Back
Top Bottom