How is this hi hat/ shaker pattern made?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spUxPJdHp70

22 sec

Ive been trying now for a while, still nothing.

Practice buddy! It all truly comes from having the right sounds, right effecting, right technique, and you got it!

That hi hat pattern is actually ridiculously easy. Just grab two similar, yet unique from each other sounding tambourine sounds. Place them in the according speed they are playing like in the tune you posted. Practice with it, you will get a feel. Then it sounds like some other high hat picked to play only a few times! Play with it bro! Trust me you will get a proper feel! Its all about having the right sounds! Right dynamics, etc!

Sick track btw, creep is such a sick track!

I usually layer the shit out of my break with loops samples if i want to get that nice bright messy sound. Even House high-hat/percussion loops tend to work really nice when chuked over the top at subtle volume.
The track that you showed sounded like a standard dnb shaker with an alternating shaker, layered with a couple high-hats. Its put at a pretty high level and sounds pretty compressed too.

without listening i would agree with above - however the best way to practice is to get a break up and put ur own hats in to see where they would land and how they arrange and then you ad-lib you own ideas and presto

Back
Top Bottom