Hazard - dj/producer

Hazards tunes get alot of hype when they're released, but you can't play them out 6 months down the line. They've got no longevity in general, like theres not a hazard tune you can look back on in years to come and call great...

disagreed, killaz is still getting rinsed now and it was getting rinsed a year ago too

all of the people saying he is not innovative in his production are wrong. He is bringing the jump-up sound forward with a much more angry/agressive vibe than before. Also he is putting a lot more emphasis on the drums in his tunes, this is what the majority of modern day jump-up lacks. For example 0121 and this tune http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ68fyAv8CI&feature=related etc. There are other producers that are also bringing this sound forward and are also banging producers, for instance shimah and more recently pleasure (the dagger/the massacre) etc, but in my eyes hazard does it best.

As a DJ his skills are not amazing but he delivers this style of drum and bass in the best way possible - just dropping in tune after tune extremly quickly with a big effect on the drop etc.

I understand that a load of people do not like his style but I find it hard to see how people cannot see what he is doing with this sound...

Last edited:
Hazards tunes get alot of hype when they're released, but you can't play them out 6 months down the line. They've got no longevity in general, like theres not a hazard tune you can look back on in years to come and call great...

Yeah see if people still talk about Machette like the do Raa, or The Nine, or Alien Girl, or Tibetan Mist.... Not a Chance, will be forgoten about in another year or so

cimg0514dj3.jpg

Erhmm... Must I remind you of:

DJ Hazard feat. Distorted Minds - Mr. Happy

Andy C is STILL dropping Hazard Selecta... Mr Happy, Busted, Machete etc still get dropped... plus there are more and more non jump up dj's playing his tracks. Speaks volumes imo

I am fan of Hazard it has to be said. Ok he doesn't make beautiful sounding music but if you go raving enough you know what sort of impact his tunes have on the dancefloor. He makes a lot of noisy animal sounding crap but when he nails a tune it really does the fucking job in the rave. The only jump up I buy is Hazard, Original Sin & Zero G, Heist and a few others. The rest is just copy-cat bollocks imo.

my god this thread as gone onnnn! jst read thru tha whole thing! haha hazard is a wikid producer and a wikid dj aswell. his sets neva stop flowing like someone mentioned earlier, and he always keep the energy alive!! as for his tunes, of course there have been tunes of his where i think.... ermmm im not sure or wt eva but most of the rest are class a bangas! all tha people that cant appreciate hazard probaly like alot of dnb that i and alot of other people cant appreciate, do believe its jst a strong minded opinion. but i dont feel the need to rinse them about how samey there drums patterns are or wt eva i jst let em get on wiv it!

Being truthful Hazard would blow any producer on this forum out of the fucking water,

you can all sit here and slag him down but he's done 1000x more for the scene than any of you so you have no room to talk,

if you dont like his style then fair enough but he has more credibility/talent than certain big ego's on this forum will ever have,

so how's about you all shut up and go and listen to some break or sumin.

if you dont like his style then fair enough but he has more credibility/talent than certain big ego's on this forum will ever have,

so how's about you all shut up and go and listen to some break or sumin.

Tell em how it is son

I think "Selecta" is an AWESOME track. One of my personal favs from Hazard. It brings back good memories from Global Gathering 05. Such a catchy tune! I still like to throw it in the mix now and again. Big ups Hazard!

Back
Top Bottom