Friction wins award for making the worst tune of 2012 (WARNING: BROSTEP)

haha where's all the love gone in 2.4 seconds lol I thought you all couldnt wait for his radio 1 show, Im so looking forward to hearing that get played just as much as the next, not

I think you have upset him tho check his facebook.

Ner im ganna give him a chance i hope he does as he says and keeps his selection for everyone!

once a producer goes full cheese, he usually doesn't come back... and if he does it just isn't the same anymore like sex with a gf after she's cheated.

:teeth:

haha, now that's a great analogy!

I'll shut up for the rest of the thread then, since no one seems to agree with what i'm saying...

Frictions reply:
Lol blimey, some interesting reading there. I've always made different styles of music. To me, there should never be rules. A producer should be able to make whatever they want whether it be deep, dark, mellow or party music. As long as it comes from the heart that's all that matters. I'll always do multiple styles with my
production and my djing. That will never change I can guarantee!

I've always figured Friction's output was somewhere up this alley.. Looking at vocal tunes like Stand Up and Someone I'm not too surprised at all by this release

Do try not to board the hate bandwagon, he still runs one of the best labels in dnb

as long as every other artist on his label continues to put out good stuff friction can do what he wants in the studio - guess he wants a commercial face to it. it is rubbish imo.

also i pray to god he doesn't start wheeling this out in his sets. mix with sweet shop and mr happy :shudders

Last summer I saw him and he played a set with Sweet Shop and Mr Happy (Mr Happy got a rewind). Only Shogun stuff was Aztec and some The Prototypes tunes. I was really disappointed but thats probably what he plays if there's Drumsound & Bassline Smith, DC Breaks and Original Sin on the same stage with him.

How the fuck do you know which kind of tunes he wants to produce? This made me fucking laugh really. You don't like the tune? Fine, me neither. But stop talking bullshit about killing the genre, no one forces you to listen to it nor even buy it morons.

That's a completely different matter don't you think?

I don't disagree that it's a different issue but would you be surprised if this features on a few end of year 'worst tune of 2012' threads? I wouldn't

Anyway, I don't want to have an argument on the internet over a nothing tune like this. I hope you all have a great Saturday night.

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Why does Annie Mac still have her job?

I've asked myself this question for a while now

She really does big up some of the worst examples of music from each respective dance genre. She wouldn't know what good dnb sounded like even if it was pounding her Irish cunt

Last summer I saw him and he played a set with Sweet Shop and Mr Happy (Mr Happy got a rewind). Only Shogun stuff was Aztec and some The Prototypes tunes. I was really disappointed but thats probably what he plays if there's Drumsound & Bassline Smith, DC Breaks and Original Sin on the same stage with him.

Let It Roll? :D

I don't disagree that it's a different issue but would you be surprised if this features on a few end of year 'worst tune of 2012' threads? I wouldn't

Anyway, I don't want to have an argument on the internet over a nothing tune like this. I hope you all have a great Saturday night.

The first part wasn't adressed to you, take it easy mate. And yeah, I won't be surprised either (at least here on the forum), but I do still think there's loads of some terrible music put out which is much worse than this tune.

It's one of those things where you just kind of have to hope that a musician doesn't end up selling out, keep the faith type thing.

As far as the tune itself goes, it sucks and I'm not sure why you'd want to release something so bland and trendy after a couple of years of bland and trendy tunes coming out the woodworks in the dubstep world. But that's completely up to him, and he probably did it for a cash grab and to try his hand out. Happens.

Really dont understand the amount of pages of these hate threads get, really shames this forum when one person makes one tune and it doesn't tick the standard inbred secular box which is why dnb is such a vulgar scene to read about sometimes, i did laff at the term 'sell out' the internet generation does not pay well, sometimes not at all so selling out is void these days, and if he gets paid from it so what?

Remember its one tune you dont like, wipe your nappy and Youtube some tunes you DO like and quit being a bunch of whiney generic forum chuds, focus on the good stuff at least, the scenes not gonna fold on one tune, have faith

Really dont understand the amount of pages of these hate threads get, really shames this forum when one person makes one tune and it doesn't tick the standard inbred secular box which is why dnb is such a vulgar scene to read about sometimes, i did laff at the term 'sell out' the internet generation does not pay well, sometimes not at all so selling out is void these days, and if he gets paid from it so what?

Remember its one tune you dont like, wipe your nappy and Youtube some tunes you DO like and quit being a bunch of whiney generic forum chuds, focus on the good stuff at least, the scenes not gonna fold on one tune, have faith

I dont think peoples beef is the fact friction made brostep. Its the fact it was released on shogun.

Nah i think you guys look way too far into it, forum attitude i guess, he's doing a good thing, i dont like the tune but id rather focus on whats good

bro-step is just a cringe term for kids who just internet too much, an like stuff etc. OMG my mac is dirty

From the comments I was expecting far worse, not to say its sick or anything, far from it- but still, Theres bound to be worse released this year...

He can put whatever the fuck he likes to on his label, because it's HIS label. We may not like it, I know I don't as a huge Shogun fan; but if he deems it worthy to be put out then we have to grin and bare it. Shogun will always be torn between the excellent forward thinking tunes and the dross; you just have to put up with the dross and wait for the gems...

He can put whatever the fuck he likes to on his label, because it's HIS label. We may not like it, I know I don't as a huge Shogun fan; but if he deems it worthy to be put out then we have to grin and bare it. Shogun will always be torn between the excellent forward thinking tunes and the dross; you just have to put up with the dross and wait for the gems...

qft

its funny if you read this thread it goes from completely ludicrous statements through to actual common sense on the last page..

Back
Top Bottom