Even The Pros Do It...

Bwahahahha

BIG UPS BLACK HOMO & TOEJAM, maximum braps

Nitrous... you are the bad man, not I.

Keep your braps controlled, not to the maximum, otherwise this place might get too rowdy.

You thinking of making another piece by the way? Ill fling you some of mine to so you can check other styles, that always helped me.

I am a twat... but I think I might stick around here for a while. I don't know it all but like to share my opinions on the diverse world of dnb.

Nah u dont need to know it all, i just think its stupid when twats who are knowledgable about dnb like to lord it over people

Nah u dont need to know it all, i just think its stupid when twats who are knowledgable about dnb like to lord it over people

Ummm it is strange that music does that to people. Everyone seems to have a deeper understanding.

I just find that as I get older my taste in terms of scope and range may broaden, but in terms of individual tunes and artists it narrows. If you know what I mean.

So whilst I now listen to anything from neuro-funk/tech-step/liquid/jump-up/ or more techno-enfused stuff, which is obviously broad, I still am picky within those genres.

I guess to dabble in sound is a perk of being human.

Ummm it is strange that music does that to people. Everyone seems to have a deeper understanding.

I just find that as I get older my taste in terms of scope and range may broaden, but in terms of individual tunes and artists it narrows. If you know what I mean.

So whilst I now listen to anything from neuro-funk/tech-step/liquid/jump-up/ or more techno-enfused stuff, which is obviously broad, I still am picky within those genres.

I guess to dabble in sound is a perk of being human.

for your own sanity/safety/well-being, you should know that the topic of sub-genres is a highly debated topic.

It usually revolves around the debate of how good jump up is, or at least ends up as that anyway. You have been warned!! Jump up, DJ Hazard and whether or not mc's are good are all sticky issues to say the least.

It usually revolves around the debate of how good jump up is, or at least ends up as that anyway. You have been warned!! Jump up, DJ Hazard and whether or not mc's are good are all sticky issues to say the least.

I have an opinion on all of this, though best left I am sure.

Mc's are good in liquid, when they understand they are a pure bi-product and nothing more.

As for Hazard and jump-up...there is a time and a place... when you are 18-19 and really don't give a fuck... but how old is he?

Mc's are good in liquid, when they understand they are a pure bi-product and nothing more.

As for Hazard and jump-up...there is a time and a place... when you are 18-19 and really don't give a fuck... but how old is he?

Damn i can see your gonna make more waves on this forum XDD

Btw you heard Ashram by Klute?

I think you should start a thread discussing your opinion of hazard and jump up.

Rewinds!!!

Machette!!

Pendulum!!

Your thoughts??

Rewind (makoto remix) great tune!

Otherwise no place for rewinds unless the tune really deserves it... and I mean really does. I used to listen to a lot of techno and dnb when I started in dance music and really found that techno benefit from no rewinds as the mixes were very much a journey... LTJ stylee.

Machete... To be honest I am not too into that sound, and hate (sorry don't particularly enjoy) dubstep as well, so am not huge on machete. But right now and selector were great when they came out. Hazard's changed things to be honest and his influence is at least credible. If not his annoying ability to add no variety to his sound anymore.

Pendulum circa 04, the best around, without a doubt. Even some tunes on hold your colour were technically brilliant, and in terms of opening the scale of production (fully produced drums - it does exist!) they changed things too. They just seemed to lose the edge and grit they had, and it happened when they were defined as clown-step... they seemed to accept it and not change. Their new shit - in silico, is truely bollocks. And that bloody hold your colour tune... so so so bad.

I once had to hear that mixed with Subfocus's airplane and almost vomitted... maybe it was the littlens. It was a few years ago when I used to be on it like that.

Either way it all has its place, thats the joy of the diversity in dnb. But dubstep I just can't stand... and I can't stand its association with dnb even more... too different. I just find it cheesy when a dubstep tune is dropped.. anyone else feel this?

Damn i can see your gonna make more waves on this forum XDD

Btw you heard Ashram by Klute?

Yes yes mate it is a great tune. That divinity and we're all dying have to be his stand outs.

People really get that upset if I don't like him... I have never felt my opinion to be so important... jks

Rewind (makoto remix) great tune!

Otherwise no place for rewinds unless the tune really deserves it... and I mean really does. I used to listen to a lot of techno and dnb when I started in dance music and really found that techno benefit from no rewinds as the mixes were very much a journey... LTJ stylee.

Machete... To be honest I am not too into that sound, and hate (sorry don't particularly enjoy) dubstep as well, so am not huge on machete. But right now and selector were great when they came out. Hazard's changed things to be honest and his influence is at least credible. If not his annoying ability to add no variety to his sound anymore.

Pendulum circa 04, the best around, without a doubt. Even some tunes on hold your colour were technically brilliant, and in terms of opening the scale of production (fully produced drums - it does exist!) they changed things too. They just seemed to lose the edge and grit they had, and it happened when they were defined as clown-step... they seemed to accept it and not change. Their new shit - in silico, is truely bollocks. And that bloody hold your colour tune... so so so bad.

I once had to hear that mixed with Subfocus's airplane and almost vomitted... maybe it was the littlens. It was a few years ago when I used to be on it like that.

Either way it all has its place, thats the joy of the diversity in dnb. But dubstep I just can't stand... and I can't stand its association with dnb even more... too different. I just find it cheesy when a dubstep tune is dropped.. anyone else feel this?

Nah i love my dubstep bro havent heard it dropped much in sets ive heard so i cant really give an opinion on that. I liked Hazards earlier sounds more than his latest stuff. I tend to avoid listening to Hazard/OS sets because i know its gonna be primarily jump up which i dont like in large quantities XD

Nah i love my dubstep bro havent heard it dropped much in sets ive heard so i cant really give an opinion on that. I liked Hazards earlier sounds more than his latest stuff. I tend to avoid listening to Hazard/OS sets because i know its gonna be primarily jump up which i dont like in large quantities XD

I am surprised you are into dubstep but not jump-up, they have similar traits.

My problem with dubstep is its scope for musicality.. it hasn't got much range. But fair do's because my friends love the stuff.

I am surprised you are into dubstep but not jump-up, they have similar traits.

My problem with dubstep is its scope for musicality.. it hasn't got much range. But fair do's because my friends love the stuff.

Not sur what you mean by similar traits.

And in terms of dubstep it might seem small in scope but you have to dig deep imo to get to the good stuff. There alot of wobble in dubstep which is maybe what you mean by similarities to jump-up(even though the wobble is different)

Skream i like out of all the dubstep producers i've heard to have wobble in their dubstep.

Some cool dubstep different from some of the 'norm' dubstep i've heard :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT8aNKi1z_g

Not sur what you mean by similar traits.

And in terms of dubstep it might seem small in scope but you have to dig deep imo to get to the good stuff. There alot of wobble in dubstep which is maybe what you mean by similarities to jump-up(even though the wobble is different)

Skream i like out of all the dubstep producers i've heard to have wobble in their dubstep.

Some cool dubstep different from some of the 'norm' dubstep i've heard :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT8aNKi1z_g

I have heard there is liquid dubstep... could this be? a hybrid of epic proportions that would be.

the similarities I refer to is in terms of the sound, obviously high hats aren't as involved etc. but I mean in terms of the grit behind dubstep. I listened to that tune and didn't think that would be dubstep, but fair dos if it is. Have you heard of dj rupture, he is the most dubby guy that I am into.

But if there is a more liquid musical side ill give it a shot. From what I know dubstep is caspa rusko and them and lacks variation.

But in dubstep I am quite ignorant to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom