Do you 'get' Dubstep?

REGO

DRUM&BASS4LIFE
Dont get me wrong there are some good Dubstep tunes out there, but I'm still not gettin it?? anyone else?............

At first no, I didn't. So I dismissed it as 'shit' or whatever. The same with drum and bass when I was first aware of it. I'd only heard one song really. Benga & Coki-Night and didn't really get it. Then last year I heard the Caspa remix of Where's My Money by TC and then Dubstep finally hit me. It's probably like that. You'll hear one tune and that's it, you're hooked, then the rest will follow.

I don't know man, keep listening though and I guarantee you'll eventually get what you want out of it
:)

its been born as an extended part of the UK Garage n Grime scene, its not hard to grasp. heavy dub bass sounds with modern kicks n snares really, its been around a lil while now n i like it. not everyones cuppa and i can see why. if you dont feel that kinda heavy dub reggae sound your probably not gonna find much you like in it. i personally love that sound so it was a no brainer for me

some peeps refer to it as 'ketamine music' lol

Dont get me wrong there are some good Dubstep tunes out there, but I'm still not gettin it?? anyone else?............

im with you at the minute mate, ive heard some real good dub step tunes but its not quite doin it for yet. dnb will never get topped

oh rite.
and @ dan m dubstep isnt tryin to top dnb its not really got anyfin to do wit dnb so i dont see why ppl compare em

taken me a while, most of the stuff i was hearing when it started out was the minimal-reverbed 'dub' sound of dubstep, an wasnt feeling it, when I saw the many different edges to dubstep to suit many a mood, Rusko, Caspa, Orion, Skream, etc for the jumpup ting, Vex'd, High Rankin, Taz Buckfaster etc for the aggy steppers ive really got into it.

plus its wicked to produce, there is alot more scope and freedom to it, which is why there are alot of dnb producers crossing over.

i went to see andy c the other week, and before he came on there was an hour n a half of dubstep. had to go outside after 10 mins.

there is no diversity in dubstep WHAT SO EVER.

everyone was going nuts to it, and dont get me wrong im all up for grimey basslines but its so fucking boring after 15mins.

so i then had an argument outside with this bird about how dubstep will take over dnb...and her point was look at house now days compared to dnb...

maybe in 5-10 years dubstep will be the new drum and bass haha

i went to see andy c the other week, and before he came on there was an hour n a half of dubstep. had to go outside after 10 mins.

there is no diversity in dubstep WHAT SO EVER.

everyone was going nuts to it, and dont get me wrong im all up for grimey basslines but its so fucking boring after 15mins.

so i then had an argument outside with this bird about how dubstep will take over dnb...and her point was look at house now days compared to dnb...

maybe in 5-10 years dubstep will be the new drum and bass haha

there is diversity in dubstep but its the same old jumpup liquid scenario ppl play the same type tunes for a whole set

there is diversity in dubstep but its the same old jumpup liquid scenario ppl play the same type tunes for a whole set

Exactly. Peeps say this all the time, but it more has to do with the dj, and less to do with the genre.

Get on chemical and listen to some dubstep, you can decide.

oh rite.
and @ dan m dubstep isnt tryin to top dnb its not really got anyfin to do wit dnb so i dont see why ppl compare em

i dint say it was trying to. and i didnt compare them even though they are similiar you must see that.

fact is only music i listen to is dnb, its enuf for me. i was merely sayin in my opinion am never gonna prefer summat to dnb.

dubstep used to be sick about 2 years ago but now its just gone to shit! all these tunes which have rediculous sounding basslines . i do love havin a dubstep room at a dnb rave though

Back
Top Bottom