Do you dance/skank at raves?

To be honest, if a tune gets dropped that I don't like then I aint movin for shit

laaaaaaaaame. cmon, i mean do you stand there when a tune gets dropped, wait like 32 bars to decide if its worth dancing to or what the fuck?

i mean if i really hate a song, lets say rock it, surely id go for a beer. but if the djs good and puts on tune after tune, i just dont stop dancing because one of them isnt my kinda style?! o.o
weird.

i do skank at raves but i prefer to bust my shirt straight off and throw it at the ugliest girl i can see, then i just stand and stomp and do the pecks dance with my massive chest. but not in time to the music, i got my own beat because im screaming the chorus of "chin check" by NWA

"im a smoke where i wana smoke FUCK THAT
im a choke who i wana choke FUCK THAT
Im a ride where i wana ride FUCK THAT
cuz im a black person fo life so im a muthafuckin black person til i d-iz-ie"

laaaaaaaaame. cmon, i mean do you stand there when a tune gets dropped, wait like 32 bars to decide if its worth dancing to or what the fuck?

i mean if i really hate a song, lets say rock it, surely id go for a beer. but if the djs good and puts on tune after tune, i just dont stop dancing because one of them isnt my kinda style?! o.o
weird.

I'm pretty savvy with tunes, so most of the time I'll know I don't like it and yeah, I'll stop skankin

Why should I put effort into brockin out to Mr Happy when I wanna save some energies to fly-kick Wayne when Moonwalker comes on?!

Yeah I'm pretty stubborn; If I don't like it, I aint movin.

Have to say if it's shit I'll stop in my tracks but otherwise it's one foot, two foot, three foot skankin' all night long!

Damn I wish good quality pills were back in fashion...

You have got to skank. I hate the I'm too cool to dance fuckers that stand like they are high and mighty and too good to skank.
Or the dickheads that stand bang in the middle of the dancefloor and then just stand still. Skank you tossers, you're in the perfect spot for it.

I agree in some ways but there are some tunes that I just like to stand and appreciate maybe just bob my head what ever, but then I will soon get back to skankin

there is only once iv not skanked, some random dj played between two acts and he played an hour of utter shit.
literalyl went to the bar for an hour, b-key came on and went straight back to skanking.

there is no fun in going if you dont do at least a bit of skanking

there is only once iv not skanked, some random dj played between two acts and he played an hour of utter shit.
literalyl went to the bar for an hour, b-key came on and went straight back to skanking.

there is no fun in going if you dont do at least a bit of skanking

Too right mate! Even when ordering drinks at the bar...

im with spyto, hate trying to dance awkwardly to some poor tune im not feeling. i feel like a cunt to do so

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

You have got to skank. I hate the I'm too cool to dance fuckers that stand like they are high and mighty and too good to skank.
Or the dickheads that stand bang in the middle of the dancefloor and then just stand still. Skank you tossers, you're in the perfect spot for it.

never noticed them. i was either skanking or standing at the side watching the skanking.. oh wait...

Dancing_hitler.gif

LOL.

I generally just go wherever what ive been taking takes me =P.
Dont understand when people smoke weed at a rave, i'll smoke it after on a comedown etc, but smoking it when ive got to be up for another 5 hours or whatever just seems dumb :/ All i want to do is lie down and eat food when i smoke. lol

Definately agree with Jwood. Although depends how you define skanking, lol. It's hard to explain what i do at a rave, i'll record it sometime. lol.

Last edited:
this is all opinionated and i cant criticise any1 coz its their opinion, so im guna say mine in a rave theres no point not skanking and standing there like a lampost wasting valuable room for myself or others tbh, wen im at raves particularly SUBDUB if a track drops that im not keen on or dnt like (which is rare at subdub lol) then i just go outside for a spilff or cig or sumat no point standing there wen ur clearly not enjoying the tune might aswell go outside or into a courtyard area most nites have them instead of annoying the majority of the people in raves.

Why should I put effort into brockin out to Mr Happy when I wanna save some energies to fly-kick Wayne when Moonwalker comes on?!

Here here! Hahahaha

Though i still think it was all about the Strange Science swoop me, you, oli and the rest of us lot was on that night.

I also remembered breakdance boy clocking me with his flailing arms and the look on his face when he realised it was me he'd caught. Fucking priceless

Oh right yeah of course, because your interpretation of what someone should do while out is obviously the only way.

Sitting there behind your computer getting all high and mighty about you knowing the perfect way to go out and have fun.

EDIT: Reading back that sound pretty cunty. Was being sarcastic, but making the point that people can go out and enjoy a night however they want. I don't really like jump up but if people wanna go out and enjoy it thats fine... people are always gonna do things differently kinda just gotta except it.

Perfectly understandable opinion, and it's not the non-dancers I don't like if that's what it came across as. We all stand around at times just listening and taking in the vibes.
It's the people who think they are above people who are skankin/dancing/or just plain fucked. The ones who look down on anyone who's a sweaty mess, the ones that start acting all cuntish when you knock into them, disturbing their stance.
Too cool to break a sweat, not even listening to the music, just there to look cool in whatever scene they decide they want to try and look cool in.

Perfectly understandable opinion, and it's not the non-dancers I don't like if that's what it came across as. We all stand around at times just listening and taking in the vibes.
It's the people who think they are above people who are skankin/dancing/or just plain fucked. The ones who look down on anyone who's a sweaty mess, the ones that start acting all cuntish when you knock into them, disturbing their stance.
Too cool to break a sweat, not even listening to the music, just there to look cool in whatever scene they decide they want to try and look cool in.

100% agree. Its like they specifically go out to not have fun.

i think your entitled not to dance if you dont like a tune...

I cant believe i've just wrote that sentence haha. All about finding the sweet sounding spot, usually to hear the tunes over the mc's

I always skank at raves, only place you can really get away with it without looking like a complete twat (even though theres times I step back and look at everyone else and think- what a bunch of silly twats). Nothing better when the mixes are going on sick too, little bit off putting when you've got some dodgy beat matching ruining your skanking flow.

:)

It's all about being a sweaty, chewy mess! But I'm sure that opinion will change as I get older...

Back
Top Bottom