CD Decks

Only the young un's have vinyl snobbery. The old gits play whatever because they know that the sound system you are playing on is 99% of your sound unless you're playing mp3s off shareaza.

Lets make this absolutely clear to everybody arguing about vinyl sounding better.

Your favourite producer makes his tracks on a pc using wave samples.

He then records the track onto his hard disc, CD or DAT

He then sends it via AIM or email to his mates or carries the CD or DAT to get a dub made for Andy C.

The 'warm' sound of vinyl is distortion of the sound created on the pc. You're kidding yourself if you think vinyl is the 'true' sound of the music.

The CD is what the producer heard in the studio.

thought so, typical forum goer ;). All the raves i've been to where Dj's were using Cd Decks, their idea of mixing was moving the crossfader as fast as they could to the other side... So in my experience Cd Decks are Golf Alpha Yankee! plus record decks look sexier and feel sexier and are generally sexier.
The only cd decks i would consider getting are those numark ones that have a cd drive and a massive deck as if it were a vinyl.

Last edited:
All the raves i've been to where Dj's were using Cd Decks, their idea of mixing was moving the crossfader as fast as they could to the other side... So in my experience Cd Decks are Golf Alpha Yankee!
I can safely say in my experience that that is rubbish! I know and have heard plenty of CDj's that mix just like they're mixing on vinyl.

What Dj did you hear mixing like that?

Love the pioneer 800 and 1000 cd decks, I need to upgrade from my denon to one of these...pioneers are pretty much the industry standard these days and tend to be the most commonly installed cd decks in clubs nowadays, so once you get accustomed to one you're pretty much good to go. I think some of them even have memory card slots so you can download samples to it or beats to loop through the cd deck, which can really make for a lot of creative fx when playing out!

ps- Andy C doesn't spin vinyl....strictly acetates for him :teeth: :devil:

Last edited:
Ed Rush and Optical spun only CD last night, top set too. Still if some faggot cant mix properly, they're clearly no good. I'll let em know :shabba:

im looking to buy a pair of cd decks to accompany my turntables....
after actuali having spent some time on my mates cjd1000s i fell in love wiv them!!! its doesnt mean to say il stop using vinyl :shrug: that just wouldnt happen,
but dont pigeon hole urself when it comes 2 djing....

I only have a tape recorder, and not once did i say cd dj's were shit i said cd decks are gay, get it right. Soon as i get my Tape -> Cd Recorder i'll upload one of my sets, and you'll see what i can do with just vinyls ;)

I only have a tape recorder, and not once did i say cd dj's were shit i said cd decks are gay, get it right. Soon as i get my Tape -> Cd Recorder i'll upload one of my sets, and you'll see what i can do with just vinyls ;)

Im sure I have heard a set from you before though. Yes/No did you delete the thread?? Wat sort of a statment is
cd decks are gay
did you have a bad experience with a CDJ 1000 in a dark alleyway?

Last edited:
i doubt you have heard one of my sets i aint posted any, still standing by my statement, cd decks are gay.

ah go on, you think they're sexy and have feelings of guilt due to your attraction to these strange yet erotic toys you don't know how to play with.

its okay man, we're here.

Back
Top Bottom