Are you upset that Riya won't be featuring on dnb tunes from 2013 onwards?

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
EDJ - So, what does 2013 have in store for Riya? Collaborations? Releases? We’re always excited to know when your voice is next making an appearance on a record!

Riya - I’m not sure to be honest, maybe a couple of garage things and maybe the odd D&B tune, but I will be winding down all things D&B 2013 onwards I’m afraid to say…I just feel it’s about that time before I become a parody of myself. I do have another tune with Zero T coming on Playaz called 'Truth Hurts', that may drop in 2013, but not sure of an exact release date.

http://www.everydayjunglist.biz/2012/11/riya-interview-tuned-in-2.html

Shame really. One of the more talented singers.

such a shame. really adds so much to the tunes that she is featured on. cant think of a tune with riya that i dislike really. i guess her voice would probably be more exposed in other genres though and considering she has more raw talent than most of the 'singers' you hear on the radio im sure she will go far. im sure she would come back to dnb if lenzman or zero t asked her to collab in the future though. well i hope she would

Huge shame. Caught her hosting/mc-ing/singing for lenzman once which gave out such a different vibe to the standard mc.

I get what she's saying, becoming a parody of ones self is the worst thing that could happen to an artist.

But, it'll be a huge loss to the scene, she takes liquid dnb to the next level. I still get chills down my spine from Open Page, I still need to find that tune on vinyl too!

I'll be disappointed, but if her taking a step back from dnb means the possibility of bigger and better things for her singing career, then I'm all for it.
Huge shame. Caught her hosting/mc-ing/singing for lenzman once which gave out such a different vibe to the standard mc.
I'd love to see a set like this, I've absolutely rinsed the Metalheadz podcast she did with Lenzman.

It is a shame, i spoke to her a couple of years ago when we first met, before she got really known.... she said then she wanted to break into the Pop world eventually, so it is not surprising she has decided to look at other genres.

Fair play to her, nice girl and great singer!

Bad times, Riya was wicked.

Should check out the russians Faib & Tiiu though, lovely vocals kinda in the same vibe. Quality producers as well (although they mostly make dubstep tempo'ed stuff)

Riya's definitely the prettiest of the three..

3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom