Wot do u think of clownstep?

Depends on how it's done
I like the stuff that's funky but cheeky, with some good rhythm to it and nice sounds (like roni sizes stuff) but not the techy kind of clownstep

Like I've said before it's a shit term but some producers have taken it and tried to make a style out of it so I guess it's a kind of style now

Serum said:
Depends on how it's done
I like the stuff that's funky but cheeky, with some good rhythm to it and nice sounds (like roni sizes stuff) but not the techy kind of clownstep

Like I've said before it's a shit term but some producers have taken it and tried to make a style out of it so I guess it's a kind of style now

TECH TECH TECH! OWNS! it just needs the proper selection!

illv//

Rareform said:
a lot of it has more in common with happy hardcore than it does drum&bass. stupid synth sounds in a major chord progressions do nothing for me.
Blasphamy! Happy Hardcore is way better then clownstep.

its good to read a decent disscussion on this. most go on for ages and i just cant be bothered to read all the shit that goes with the 20 or so pages. Im into to anything that Rocks the house - as long as its got flava. :beers:

HEIST said:
its good to read a decent disscussion on this. most go on for ages and i just cant be bothered to read all the shit that goes with the 20 or so pages. Im into to anything that Rocks the house - as long as its got flava. :beers:
AMeN to tHAT Mr. Heizt yo'!!1 (y)

it's a bit too easy to get carried away with labels on things, i don't like it cos it's clownstep, i don't like it cos it's tech. Anyone believing that a whole style (if you guys decide it is one) is shit then that's going to be a helluva lot of quality tunes missed out on just because of a few cheesy nutless tracks, or because the latest thing to say is they do/don't like clownstep.

It's an irritating classification, because noone seems to agree on its definition.

I think there's a lot of shit music being played at the moment though, at Slammin' there was so much repeatative boring crap being played... I know there's good music if you look for it, but it's becoming increasingly hard to actually find/hear it. :(

cK said:
It's an irritating classification, because noone seems to agree on its definition.

I think there's a lot of shit music being played at the moment though, at Slammin' there was so much repeatative boring crap being played... I know there's good music if you look for it, but it's becoming increasingly hard to actually find/hear it. :(
Renegade Hardware at The End / Therapy Sessions at Herbal / Breakneck in Portsmouth (y)

HEIST said:

I second that notion.

illv//

illv said:
Well mister, what shakes your bootay?

illv//

A lot of stuff :)

Prefer old skool jungle but newer stuff I like anything from Calibre to Tech Itch to Paradox, music that works on the dancefloor and on your stereo (y)

illv said:
I saw yer site dude... aight!

illv//
thanx for checkin it out :2thumbs: should hav some mixes posted up there soon when my host uploads my stuff. its about time i showed dnbforum what i can do after floatin about for 100 or so posts :)

sparkyc10 said:
thanx for checkin it out :2thumbs: should hav some mixes posted up there soon when my host uploads my stuff. its about time i showed dnbforum what i can do after floatin about for 100 or so posts :)

did you make the site yerself? if you ever need work done, i'm sure i can give you a few pointers.

illv//

I like it...but yeah this term shouldn't be used to describe every tune that has a dancey feel....it's the new term for jump-up.... I guess I like the fact that a lot of it is kinda stupid sounding...kinda silly....

Plus, u gotta admit, it's pretty easy to spin...

:gpeace: :wave: :cheerlead

Back
Top Bottom