Wot do u think of clownstep?

Messages
53
Likes
0
#2
I reckon it sounds cool if done properly and in moderation. Too much just gets annoying but i think pendulum and fresh both did it well in vault and floodlight. No too keen in tunes that are all clownstep, think its makes a nice break from the same 4-4 sequence. All part of the evolution i suppose.
 

illv

the winnipeg styler!
Messages
221
Likes
0
#6
djpropaganda said:
Wot do u think of clownstep?

:hotpants: OR :miss_rep:
considering, it really isnt even a genre (YET!). the goofy tunes do sound fun, and you know what, may even possibly get off the candy ravers!!!! HAHA!

illv//
 
Messages
53
Likes
0
#7
illv said:
considering, it really isnt even a genre (YET!). the goofy tunes do sound fun, and you know what, may even possibly get off the candy ravers!!!! HAHA!

illv//


I thought clownstep was just another name for a swingbeat?
 
Messages
236
Likes
2
#9
i don't believe in the whole clownstep thing, its just like a fad or something. For some reason people just love to say it to show that they're real heads and know there shit or something, if they were real heads they'd know that that goofy sound has always been around just sometimes it wasn't as popular and wasn't made as much. I have a general idea of what the certain sound is, but people say it about tracks and songs that sound nothing like what its been described as. So i guess sometimes its a diss or whatever, i dunno fuck it. All i know is a good song is a good song and if i like it i'll play it.
 

Andy_H

New Member
Messages
6
Likes
0
#11
clownstep is a fake genre at the moment....it will become a classification of DnB in the future tho,with the introduction of artists like G-Dub and their sound that seems to be where "clownstep" came from.....come to think of it most of the formation shit sounds the same all the way through,take bandwagon blues for example and bodysnatchers. if i were to sum clowstep up into one tune it would deffo be return of the bodysnatchers......pure cheese on toast!
 

V Matt

Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
878
Likes
0
#13
I really don't like it. People argue that it works on the dancefloor but I like music I can brock out to or that I can listen to and enjoy equally well at home and most clownstep just doesn't do it for me. It's just so shallow it bores the shit out of me very quickly and I can dance to music I find boring.

Hence the reason I never go to nights any more where I'm going to hear it. Shame really that it dominates a lot of nights, don't really go to nights I used to love like Ram or True Playaz any more because I can't stand to hear it.
 

illv

the winnipeg styler!
Messages
221
Likes
0
#15
V Matt said:
I really don't like it. People argue that it works on the dancefloor but I like music I can brock out to or that I can listen to and enjoy equally well at home and most clownstep just doesn't do it for me. It's just so shallow it bores the shit out of me very quickly and I can dance to music I find boring.

Hence the reason I never go to nights any more where I'm going to hear it. Shame really that it dominates a lot of nights, don't really go to nights I used to love like Ram or True Playaz any more because I can't stand to hear it.
Well mister, what shakes your bootay?

illv//
 

GreenBoy

Active Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
1,238
Likes
6
#16
djpropaganda said:
Wot do u think of clownstep?

:hotpants: OR :miss_rep:
like most of here have said, its not a genre, its a stupid term to describe some beats actually. and if a person uses clownstep to describe the sound of more dancefloorish tunes then i consider the person to be one of THE MOST RETARDED person on this planet. Its a silly fucking word that should just have faded away into darkness, but since all the GENIUSES from DOA use it daily - thank you tards - its here to stay and most of the muppets use it in a wrong context...

:moe:
 

illv

the winnipeg styler!
Messages
221
Likes
0
#17
GreenBoy said:
like most of here have said, its not a genre, its a stupid term to describe some beats actually. and if a person uses clownstep to describe the sound of more dancefloorish tunes then i consider the person to be one of THE MOST RETARDED person on this planet. Its a silly fucking word that should just have faded away into darkness, but since all the GENIUSES from DOA use it daily - thank you tards - its here to stay and most of the muppets use it in a wrong context...

:moe:

let it all just be fucken DRUM AND BASS!

illv//
 

mesh

Active Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
4,399
Likes
14
#18
GreenBoy said:
like most of here have said, its not a genre, its a stupid term to describe some beats actually. and if a person uses clownstep to describe the sound of more dancefloorish tunes then i consider the person to be one of THE MOST RETARDED person on this planet. Its a silly fucking word that should just have faded away into darkness, but since all the GENIUSES from DOA use it daily - thank you tards - its here to stay and most of the muppets use it in a wrong context...

:moe:
always knew we'd agree one day mate!! perfectly put.
 

Andy_H

New Member
Messages
6
Likes
0
#19
Its all gonna come down the the phrase "Opinions are like arseholes,everyones got one"

Let it all be drum and bass is a good comment......"clownstep" is drum and bass like it or not basically.....if you dont like it dont listen to it and dont buy it simple as!

i still think its pure cheese tho if u ask me ;)
 
Top