Why is it with vinyl?

pu-pu-pu-puffin the herb!!!

When I 1st heard that scratch I thought it was proper sick, and wanted to learn how to scratch like that, but now it dont seem to hype like it used to.
shame.
Sometimes I wish I still had the neivety (sp) of before I could mix an scratch and actually enjoy a mix without cringing at dj's floppin a mix or clashin an shit.

nah, it should be listen to a wider range of drum and bass, then buy whatever you like, and don't just buy it because its in the top 10 on juno.

obviously not! i do listen to tunes before i buy them! and i dont even buy off juno or look at any top 10's!

there are tonnes of vinyl releases that have sick b sides!
os - d for danger / decibel
os - lovegames / ohm

to name a few jump up. but loadsa dancefloor shiz like all the ram stuff is usally double a sides!

If I made 2 disgustingly sick dirty bangers, id release them seperately. Its all about the Dolla for some of these guys nowadays man. Milk it dry.

Well all the tunes you release should be disgustingly sick dirty bangers!! If they are not, you need to try harder before releasing some pile of shit on the b side

But why put tunes that are boring as fuck and blatantly thrown together in 5 minutes as B sides to a good A side?

You wanna shift units, well people would be more likely to buy if they were getting 2 decent tracks for their fiver and there can't be that much of a shortage of good drummers out there?

Nope, you get more sales from releasing two quality singles than one extra quality single. This is the same with dnb as has been with rock-n-roll, jazz, disco, rap and country etc since the dawn of vinyl.

Well all the tunes you release should be disgustingly sick dirty bangers!! If they are not, you need to try harder before releasing some pile of shit on the b side

When you're producing, you turn out some tracks that are not necessarily absolute certain bangers, so you add them to your quality tracks as B-sides. Everybody does that and not only in dnb.

True I guess, though not all labels use these 'filler' tracks... Quarantine, Ram..?

I noticed Hospital are quite naughty for putting dry tunes as B sides though.

True I guess, though not all labels use these 'filler' tracks... Quarantine, Ram..?

I noticed Hospital are quite naughty for putting dry tunes as B sides though.

ive found hospital have lacked in qaulity control for a while now. they seem to bring out a steady stream of releases constantly without regard to if the tunes are actually high quality, it may be tht i'm just not feeling their newer stuff but it seems like theyre running it too much like a business that expects to be constantly releaseing rather than thinkin "if theres nothing good to release then dont release anything" they think "what's the next release gonna be then"

labels like ram seem to take their time with realeses, which whilst it can get annoying waiting for a release, i think that almost all of their releases are big earners, and they dont put in loads of filler and string things out. Its guaranteed heavy music and digusting dancefloor killer business every time from them.

Hospital gotta step up their game in my opinion, and not but releasing more tunes!

ive found hospital have lacked in qaulity control for a while now. they seem to bring out a steady stream of releases constantly without regard to if the tunes are actually high quality, it may be tht i'm just not feeling their newer stuff but it seems like theyre running it too much like a business that expects to be constantly releaseing rather than thinkin "if theres nothing good to release then dont release anything" they think "what's the next release gonna be then"

labels like ram seem to take their time with realeses, which whilst it can get annoying waiting for a release, i think that almost all of their releases are big earners, and they dont put in loads of filler and string things out. Its guaranteed heavy music and digusting dancefloor killer business every time from them.

Hospital gotta step up their game in my opinion, and not but releasing more tunes!

well, theyve got to release all the tunes that r made by artists. good dnb artist makes tune, gets released.

When I 1st heard that scratch I thought it was proper sick, and wanted to learn how to scratch like that, but now it dont seem to hype like it used to.
shame.
Sometimes I wish I still had the neivety (sp) of before I could mix an scratch and actually enjoy a mix without cringing at dj's floppin a mix or clashin an shit.

Haha yee i know wot u meen lol

I really disagree. Hospital has such a massive lineup coming...

Sigma - Paint It Black (and I think they're releasing El Presidente VIP too right?)

Mistabishi Album

Credit Crunch

Cyantific Album

Not to mention danny byrd's album that was released earlier this year...

Back
Top Bottom