This is not an 'I hate jump up thread' This is an M&S thread...

Re: This is not an 'I hate jump up thread'

@ fes: friendly intentions IS as much jump up as it is techy, no diss in saying it is jump up - fucking love this tune.

God, I don't know how many times a family member of mine has heard dnb and said "It's jsut noise" and that would make me really angry and I couldn't understand how they could view it that way. But yeah, there have been plenty of jump up tunes that have made me think the very same thing. "It's just noise."

yeah 9/10 people decide that because there impression of dnb IS jump up and they havnt heard anything else. I fucking hate society

OK, so last comment in this thread

OPINIONS
are like arseholes
everyone's got them
and most of them are full of shit

so, keep your opinions on topic (y)

Im just gona go ahead and leave this here......lol (y)

Tbh i agree with the majority. Ive slowly gone off jump up due to a flood in the market of shit!
Thus making it impossible to find the 'good ones', as mentioned its usually a hazard tune i end up liking! :rolleyes:

I love distorted reality, reminds me of dillinja

that is all

pleasure , sly, majistrate, heist etc currently smashing it like richard keys.many others as well imo

if you don't like jump up the rule is......you don't have to listen to it

Dirty Games RMX

BIG BIG BIG BIIIIIIIIIIIIG tune, I love jump up, always have. Original Sin, Taxmans 'sound' is fairly stale now though after being cained for so long and unlike cheese it hasn't really got better with age. They need to pull something different out the bag.

Hazard still #1 in the game as per usual, his dubs are always firing. Callide is doing it big too right now, someone needs to sign him up long term.

Plenty of other producers putting out quality stuff, as a subgenre I don't think its dying whatsoever.

I find alot of people who slag off jump up are people who tend not to go out raving that often (just an observation).

Last edited:

I think Jump Up will stick around for a long time. Jump Up tunes will always make people gurn hard.

At the same time though, I''m getting kinda bored of Standard Jump Up sounds. At the Minute, I'm more into deeper Jump up sounds like Sly, Majistrate, Pleasure and Origin.

Too Much Jump Up in one set can get kinda boring, I'd rather see the DJ Mix it up a bit, which is what I try and Aim to do.

But at the same time, I'm still new to DJing, so what do I know lol

few other favorites... love the rollers

Last edited by a moderator:

more "sit down" than jump up really isn't it. good stuff though, I like Need For Mirrors

that heist track sounds like some old Joker tune. and the flip

Last edited by a moderator:

God, I don't know how many times a family member of mine has heard dnb and said "It's jsut noise" and that would make me really angry and I couldn't understand how they could view it that way. But yeah, there have been plenty of jump up tunes that have made me think the very same thing. "It's just noise."

Lol i just get my dad saying why is your music playing backwards.. Bastard!

wobble wobble screech wobble.
a blowhorn and some delayed lazer zaps.

lets play a guessing game... (god damnit i knew i couldnt stay away!)

female vox female vox female vox
wom wom wom soft sin sound

amen amen amen different amen
sub sub sub
delayed lazer fx air horn

Back
Top Bottom