This is not an 'I hate jump up thread' This is an M&S thread...

Re: This is not an 'I hate jump up thread'

G-Dub were the purveyor of some of the best of it a few years ago

Tink Ya Bad, Beast City, Finding The Three, Les Miserables, Dirty Games RMX. Some sick tunes

Yeah big tunes. All the best jump up has already been made imo the likes of TC Game Over, Die and Clipz - number one (as much as you may hate it) etc.

Dirty Games RMX.

The Too damn dirty remix (the less played one I think) is fucking tops.

Last edited:

prove it... this is my most hated anti-jampap argument! and coming from someone who promotes dubstep...

Original Sin would be a good example. Yeh yeh I know ive released dubstep with wobbles. haha!! I just like causing a stir. i would mention about a kettle and something black, but I know wayne is lerking..

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Forgot the teeth :teeth:

there are some big tunes doing the rounds at the moment. i like that the rolling style of jump-up is coming back, and the stuff that is screechy is not grating and is catchy IE OS/maniak - cool kidz and majistrate - rise. was really disappointed in konkrete shoes / distorted reality. taxman is extremely talented, but konkrete shoes is just incredibly boring, and just not a good tune IMO.

at work so can't post up YT links, but current favorites:

fineprint / tornado - bad break ;) talking to a couple labels ATM so hopefully will come out. exciting.
harvest - miltant
hoogs - mescaline
jayline / fineprint - tooled up
jayline / ruffstuff - radium rays
serum - souped up (heist rmx)
tyke - the giggler

Great tune. That ep itself is some good jump up and prolly the best thing to come outta the Grid camp in a while imao.

Koncrete Shoes sounds quite similar to this tune...

...But i still like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shame the G-Dub version never got a release on black vinyl

Last edited by a moderator:

Original Sin would be a good example. Yeh yeh I know ive released dubstep with wobbles. haha!! I just like causing a stir. i would mention about a kettle and something black, but I know wayne is lerking..

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Forgot the teeth :teeth:

OS and co are terrible for this i agree... so is sly, but he does release the occaisonal banger (y)

i hate jump up, jump suits, jump jets, jump bikes and jump leads.

The way I see it is, most of the major jump up producers (bar Hazard), have really let their quality control slip. Too much recycling and too many horrendous synths being used. There seems to be a real lack of imagination from them, which is a shame cos Taxman went from making tunes like Too Bad VIP and Evasion to god awful bits like Konkrete Shoes and all that Johnny Cage alias stuff. Such poor music. OS can pull a tune out when he feels like it (Therapy) but its so rare now, i've just stopped caring. Even TC has fallen off and Clipz quit D&B altogether

Granted there are some new peeps like Harvest who could pull it out of its slump but my main problem with some jump up is the stuff that just sounds like its music made by banging knuckles on a keyboard with chilldish melodies and too much midrange. And a lot of it gets released. Personally, most of it isnt even music to me, its just noise. There needs to be a resurgence of the times you got excited by a jump up tune and like I mentioned earlier, G-Dub were the ones who did that for me a few years ago. Not so sure there will be someone or a crew to do that again but I hope i'm proved wrong

God, I don't know how many times a family member of mine has heard dnb and said "It's jsut noise" and that would make me really angry and I couldn't understand how they could view it that way. But yeah, there have been plenty of jump up tunes that have made me think the very same thing. "It's just noise."

Back
Top Bottom