Subwoofer levels???

DJ Spliff

Never Enuff Vinyl
VIP Junglist
Are there any rules of thumb for having a subwoofer hooked up to turntables? I have two knobes on mine, one's general level and the other is frequency (Hz) or something.

Depends on what soundyour going for really. If you like punchy bass, then set the Hz to around 100hz, but if like lower end bass set it to around 65hz. Hope that helps.

Are there any rules of thumb for having a subwoofer hooked up to turntables? I have two knobes on mine, one's general level and the other is frequency (Hz) or something.

hz is the frequency that you want ur sub to kick in at. play with it untill the bass is at a suitable level. about anything from 40-90 (40 is very low, 90 is about the cutoff from the kick of the track) should sound quite nice. if u put it higher then u will start gettin more than just bass comin though.
obv volume is how loud you would like it.

Thanx alot guys! I stuck mine @ about 100Hz and I'm already happier with it. I focusing alot on levels lately. Overall stereo qualilty as well as when mixing. I read that I should start with my trim buttons at 12 O' clock and adjust from there. When prior to that I had everything maxed out except bass. I'm still playing a couple tunes that seem to be a little to much for my tweeters on my speakers. I.E. 'Do Not Shake' - Spor and 'Push It up' (TC rmx) - Clipz. I don't know if I'm mistaking bass filter FX or what.

Back
Top Bottom