Soundcloud tracks dissapearing

Well I'm guessing they are trying to get people to buy accounts, as we have had nothing removed from our page.

I'm a paying user and have loads of T/Ls and everything is still up.. Maybe they are trying to stop people making full tracks available for download, so having a mix up with download enabled with say a big track and artist in the description is whats doing it? Could be bots sifting through the database and getting confused - Thats my guess!

my mate had a mix with lynxs remix of pulp fiction as first tune taken down due to infringement (universal owning the rights again as I saw above in someone post) and there was no tracklist available anywhere online, just called 'manflumix' on soundcloud.

Smarty raises an interesting point - is this only happening to people with free user accounts? hmmmm

Last edited:
its not very fair for them to apply different rules to different users.. particuly if they say infringment is the reason, as that should effect everyone

Yeah mine's a free account, but the mix was private and not set to be downloadable. If they're going that way, why not remove all youtube videos with all these songs in?

Ok so one of my mixes has been taken down..

Your upload "Russla - One for the Ladies" from April 21, 2010 contains "Crazy World (Extended Mix)" (J. Majik) which is owned or licensed by rightsholder Ministry of Sound America and has been made inaccessible by request of the rightsholder.

If you are certain that you have all necessary permissions from the rightsholder to upload and share this content, you can submit a claim below.

Lame - I'm guna find out wtf is going on!

Yeh it was the first tune, and it has 2 teases over the top so not like anyone could rip it off.. Plus that tune is so old its not like people are buying it now anyways.

Not really sure how to reply as I dont have permission from MOS but deffo do from J-Majik & Wickaman personally. Or i'm just guna re-up and spell the track wrong lol!

Yeh it was the first tune, and it has 2 teases over the top so not like anyone could rip it off.. Plus that tune is so old its not like people are buying it now anyways.

Not really sure how to reply as I dont have permission from MOS but deffo do from J-Majik & Wickaman personally. Or i'm just guna re-up and spell the track wrong lol!

It was the first tune on my mates mix as well (alex reece pulp fiction lynx rmx, with no track list put up anywhere online either) an he only played the first 30 secs before bringing in a tune to double drop - im not really technical enough to know if there is an auto-bot bit of software, but maybe distribution companys are using a scanning system that scans the first 20-30 seconds of audio. Maybe a soundbyte or jingle over the start would throw them off the scent! lol. Or i could just be chatting absolute shit as usual!!!! :teeth:

It was the first tune on my mates mix as well (alex reece pulp fiction lynx rmx, with no track list put up anywhere online either) an he only played the first 30 secs before bringing in a tune to double drop - im not really technical enough to know if there is an auto-bot bit of software, but maybe distribution companys are using a scanning system that scans the first 20-30 seconds of audio. Maybe a soundbyte or jingle over the start would throw them off the scent! lol. Or i could just be chatting absolute shit as usual!!!! :teeth:

It's strange how this is happening to people without a tracklist up, it has to be an automated system scanning the first 20 seconds and then cross referencing the audio waveform across a database - Theres is no fucking way some one is actually doing it manually, it'd take years and years and years!

I can't even access the fucking file tho to remove download rights or even change the name?!? Guna re-up I think, and keep re-uping ... This is some bullshit tho!

Yeah it was the first tune on mine as well, seems like you might be right russla!

This is a real shame...soundcloud is a fucking sick website i hope this sort of thing on there doesnt get worse!

E-mail them, i'm sure if they get enough complaints, they will address them and reconsider their system.

E-mail them, i'm sure if they get enough complaints, they will address them and reconsider their system.

They wont tho. And yup, there is software about which can scan audio and it matches it to the wave form. like reading a barcode.

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 ----------

And here is your answer

http://blog.soundcloud.com/2011/01/05/q-and-a-content-identification-system/#

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

Back
Top Bottom